Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate, SGA Season 3, Episode 17: The Ark [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 09-01-2007 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Wow this is a new one the canadains where fast enough today normely its 5pm gmt before they even post my tape but i got home to work to see that they posted it at 12.17gmt and a hdtv version and all.
    Hmm decent enough episode since this is episode 17 then that means that theres only 3 left one of them is the episode sunday which is supposed to be the best episode in the season and the season final will be brilliant

i thought that the whole 8 hours earlier thing was completely pointless

Rate This Episode 14 votes

10 - This Is Why I Watch This Show
    0%
    0%
    0%
    21%
    Catsmokinpotalastair_doomkdouglas 3 votes
    28%
    IvanPugsleyUser45701is_that_so 4 votes
    35%
    Mr Eixoysenordingdongslade_xKojak 5 votes
    0%
    7%
    Vulture 1 vote
    7%
    Overheal 1 vote
    1 - A Few More Like This And Ill Stop Watching
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Thought this one was fine for what it was. A number of the last few episodes have been similar, pure fillers. Still Atlantis seems to have learned how to do fairly simple stories that don't really go anywhere with a few explosions thrown in. Almost vintage Sg-1. Yeah the 8 hours was quite pointless, they could have just switched back without that reference.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Agreed on all points - it's filler but SGA can do filler well thanks often to the comic-timing and chemistry of Hewlitt and Flannigan. I will of course still not give a crap for Tey-lo this week either but that's par for the course for this show for me.

Nothing really to add to this but solid entertainment nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Really enjoyed this. Filler, yes, but nice plot, story, and characters. Must've blown a nice chunk of the budget too. Great to see they can do exciting episodes, and not relying just on comedy.
    i thought that the whole 8 hours earlier thing was completely pointless
    i'll go one further. It Almost ruined the episode. Its like, yeah they're trapped now, but.. i saw how mitchell escapes earlier on in the episode :/
    guess yee should have used a Mac
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

A fairly solid filler, in most fillers like this the lowly peon tends to be a nice guy and the leader a complete tool, good to see that the engineer went nuts and the leader did truely just care for his people, very unusual for Stargate. An enjoyable episode, but entirely forgetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Vulture

Mutter mutter, the show had it's moments of entertainment, but it's still a grade B show in my opinion.
    The way one member of the cast managed to fly a ship that was attached to an asteroide, survive the explosion and then land the ship all without any wings or fule makes me wonder what did he actually do to "fly" it down safely. I mean what was he actually controling?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

I believe it was a giant moon that he "glided" down to the surface of the planet, in such as way as to cause the moon to implode/explode but leaving the ship perfectly intact. Seemed pretty simple to me :rolleyes:

Who writes this show?
    /sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Another filler :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As a stand alone episode, it was fine but I would like a little more continuity with the big end-of-season finale. It was nice to see Ronan getting a dislocated shoulder, pity he couldn't have suffered a bit more with it. :D

I thought when the first minister (or whatever he was called) took Teyla hostage that Sheppard would call his bluff. In other words, he would say something like "Go ahead, kill Teyla but is she dies I guarantee none of your people will survive" or something to that effect. Alas I was mistaken :(

The interaction between Rodney and Sheppard was, as always, brilliant but the other 2 were just dead weight and Beckett done feck all.

The idea for this episode, I thought, was very similar to 2 Star Trek episodes. One of them was similar to a TNG episode where Geordi La Forge finds Scotty in the transporter for 80 years, and the second similarity was with a Voyager episode where they unwittengly (sp?) awaken the Vodwoir.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This episode was entirely forgettable; I doubt given the opportunity I would ever watch it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Hahaha....'Sammy Suicide'. That goes up their with 'Dr. Fumbles McStupid'.

I was expecting Sunday so I was a little but dissapointed but it was still quality filler. Reminded me of early Sg-1. Not three bad.

Advertisement