Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMTP problem...a weird one

Options
  • 08-01-2007 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi,

I have 6 email accounts, 2 of which I use most often.
    Eircom are my line providers, My calls go through Euphony and my broadband through Esat.

Problem is, all accounts are using mail1.eircom.net as an SMTP. All but one account (my most used account) send fine with these settings.

The main account has been refusing to send with these settings more and more everyday.

I have tried entering the esatbt smtp server (which I think is pop.iol.ie) but nothing is working.

I have gone into account settings in Outlook and it sends and receives a test email fine from this account.

What's my next step (apart from throwing the computer out the window)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

SMTP for Esat is mail.iol.ie, not pop. Try that and see if it works better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 AceHigh

I declare irlrobbins a genius.:)

It seems to have worked.

Can you explain why the other accounts that are using the same settings work fine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ncoi

AceHigh wrote:
    I declare irlrobbins a genius.:)

It seems to have worked.

Can you explain why the other accounts that are using the same settings work fine...

Not sure if this will help, The outgoing mail server will always be set to your Internet Service Provider(ISP). So if you are using different ISP then the settings for the outgoing mail server will need to be adjusted. It's just like every different email address you use has a different incoming mail server the same applies when your are using different ISP.

I don't think it is possible to be using eircom as your ISP and esat as your outgoing mail server, so I think this is what is causing the problem(could wrong)

Advertisement