Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surround sound speaker system - any advice?

Options
  • 08-01-2007 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Hi all, hope you can advise me.

I'm renovating my house and the builder has asked if we want to put speakers in the ceiling for surround sound. He has also suggested we look at a system like Smarthomes for high-end cabling.

Now what I want to do is this: I have a good Sony hi-fi (CD/MD/tape/turntable - about 5 years old), which I'd like to be able to listen to loud and clear, with good sound quality, in any or all of my kitchen, sitting room and dining area. I don't have a TV or need remote control lights or anything like that, though wireless broadband would be nice.

Should I go for ceiling speakers or wall ones, with a central switch? Do ceiling speakers look or sound like something you'd find in a supermarket - that tinny 'where is that noise coming from?' feeling? And if I go for them, will speaker wire do, or should I be spending more for a better product?

Thanks for your advice in advance!

Advertisement