Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Lost in New Ross

Options
  • 08-01-2007 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi there, I am hoping that someone might see this from the New Ross area.

My dog vanished from outside my house last Thursday night.

She is a small sheep dog type cross breed, black and white, long haired and wearing a blue collar.

This dog belongs to my kids and they are heartbroken over her.

I have a feeling I know what happened to her and it involved a van and a number of members of the travelling community. (neighbour spotted unusual activity) but cannot prove it.

If anyone from the New Ross area has seen her please advise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

TheminxIRL wrote:
    Hi there, I am hoping that someone might see this from the New Ross area.

My dog vanished from outside my house last Thursday night.

She is a small sheep dog type cross breed, black and white, long haired and wearing a blue collar.

This dog belongs to my kids and they are heartbroken over her.

I have a feeling I know what happened to her and it involved a van and a number of members of the travelling community. (neighbour spotted unusual activity) but cannot prove it.

If anyone from the New Ross area has seen her please advise.

Have you put an ad on one of the local radios, South East radio or KCLR they generally have a lost and found that might work..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭fits

Have a look through these two websites, and post your lost notices
    www.lostandfound.ie
    www.petsireland.invisionzone.com
    Get in touch with local radio, put up signs, and contact gardai. Call pound and local rescues and leave your details there too. And keep looking, dont give up.

Neutering a dog reduces chances of it being stolen. A good tag on the collar with your phone number and a microchip increases chances of recovery, so if you get the dog back, and havent done so already, consider doing all these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭TheminxIRL

Thanks guys I didnt think of the radio to be honest.

She is neutered im just scared that they have taken her for fighting.

Will follow up your suggestions, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

I'll keep an eye out over the weekend - if you want, PM me with what area of New Ross you're in, I'll get the kids to keep a particular eye out when we're in the car. Any photo of her? What does she answer to? Have ye tried going to "an area to which the dog may have found her way" (for example, a halting site where there would be several other dogs for company....) with €20 or €30 and a photo??

Advertisement