Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf 94 TDI & VRT Issue on 05 Passat

Options
  • 08-01-2007 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

Basically have to get rid of the car this week. Lucky enough to have a 2005 passat estate highline 130 tdi sitting outside to replace it.

My questions are:

If my mate who wants to take said car does not take it in time I was thinking of scrapping it, still a lot of life in it at only 100k. Is the scrappage value terrible and what do they base it on and where can you get a good yard in either louth or north dublin?

When paying the vrt does the car need to be insured by an irish insurer or will a uk policy suffice - uk policy expires on the 19th and obviously golf is still insured etc. so bit of a dilema there plus surely Irish insurers want irish plates?

Thanks.

Guv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭maidhc

If the golf is a 1994 with a Tdi engine, just offer it here and someone will take it in about 0.3seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

unlikely yo be tdi if it's 94

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

colm_mcm wrote:
    unlikely yo be tdi if it's 94

Yes, more than likely the old 1.6 TD unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

bazz26 wrote:
    Yes, more than likely the old 1.6 TD unit.

Thought that was only in the MkII and earlier. This would be a Mark III so 1.9 TD I'd have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

BostonB wrote:
    Thought that was only in the MkII and earlier. This would be a Mark III so 1.9 TD I'd have thought.

Yes your probably right. There was the old 1.9D with no turbo in the MkIII.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭maidhc

The 1.9TDi was fitted (albeit sparingly) to the MKIII!

The engine was fitted to Audi 80s from 1991/1992.

It was some engine back then though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

I put up an ad on adverts.ie
    It is a 1.9 litre and it is a Tdi with 90bhp
    It's high spec for the time what with all elecs incl. sunroof and windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

form an orderly queue!

EDIT: just spotted the TDI bit in the thread title (doh!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭skibum

@ colm_mcm, & bazz26 just to confirm that it is a 1.9TDi 90bhp model.
    In great condition for the year, all the extras, just had a very nice drive from Drogheda to Bray in it tonight :D
    Don't worry Guvnor, I'll look after her :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Cheers Skibum!
    It was good to meet you and Gareth and happy the car has gone to a good home!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement