Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name?

Options
  • 07-01-2007 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Does anybody know the name of the Joy Division tribute band that play in Dublin sometimes? I can't remember their name at all. Thanks for your help!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Steeplechase

I'm not sure if they actually have a name, but I have a feeling some members of The Jimmy Cake play in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lunar Junkie

Not sure about the name.. it was just "Joy Division 2000" or something like that when they played the Music Centre a few years back. I think some of them are\were in a band called Uber, and the bass player from the Jimmy Cake was in there too last time they played.. it's possible I'm confusing two different JD tribute acts here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

They're just A Tribute to Joy Division IIRC. I saw them years ago and they were deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Local Goddess

Thanks very much, can't find them anywhere, I'd love to see them

They only play once every few years, they're not a regular tribute act that plays every week.

• Advertisement

Pity, I missed them the last time, which was recent enough. I love Joy Division's music, but you can't really find it being played anywhere.

See if you can find New Order playing live somewhere :)

I like New Order but they are just not joy division-I know they technically they are but musically they are different. I wish I had seen Joy Division when they were around.

Advertisement