Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkour in Limerick?

Options
  • 07-01-2007 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Anyone here do Parkour or Free Running in Limerick?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 davemc06

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

mainly when im pissed walking home from town on a saturday night

seriously though, no

Hahaha nice one man! Just don't hurt yourself! :P
    Thanks anyways!

Going to bump this thread again! Sorry! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

jaysus sure, if ur in UL, ill go for it. dnt do it as a hobby....mainly when im pissed aswell, jus tend to climb on top of buildings n ****. id need a few pointers id say tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Parkour and free running are two different things.

I do a little parkour but mainly in the country side and in spots like the Clare hills. I would imagine me doing it in the city or suburbs could involve me ending up being chased by cops/dogs/scumbags/James Bond.

One bit of advice I will give you is if you do decide to take it up, check your route well in advance so that you are not trespassing on your run. Of course I would not give any advice on anything that would involve popping over private land/buildings etc. :D

Generally what I do it have a starting point and a finishing point, and I try to know that the land in between is open to the public. I also try to take different routes between my starting and finishing points as it defeats the purpose to take the same route over and over.

There are some decent routes that you can create for yourself in the likes of Currachase, and some of the hills out the Ballina/Killaloe side.

There are a few guys into it in Limerick, and I have spotted them in the area of the People's Park, and down in the Raheen industrial estate area.

I don't think there is any offcial set up in Limerick for it, but I am open to correction on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 youlooksilly

id do parkour but only messing around,i,ve one cool trick though . where do you plan to run around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 xCiViCx

I love parkour, but nobody wants to try it around where i live

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dan420

there's a club in ul, dunno if it's running over the summer or not: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=113166335379387

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

AFAIK, the UL Parkour crew organise events and training during summer.

Advertisement