Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

an post south city delivery centre

Options
  • 07-01-2007 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

Does anyone know where the south city delivery centre is located? I have a package, and they arent answering the phone. I checked anpost.ie and that didnt give an address. It states togher cork which doesnt help me enough.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭trixter

where is the magic roundabout?

I tried searching for togher on a map somewhere and got several answers, one was near where I live, which makes sense the other was about as far from the city centre as mallow is. That would not make sense considering my proximity to the centre of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 silverangel

I think it's the one that's on Vicars Road just up from the petrol station. It was one of the old looking buildings there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Rebeller

trixter wrote:
    Does anyone know where the south city delivery centre is located? I have a package, and they arent answering the phone. I checked anpost.ie and that didnt give an address. It states togher cork which doesnt help me enough.

Thanks

The "magic roundabout" is the Kinsale Road roundabout (the big roundabout linking up the airport road and south link road)

Take the roundabout exit for West/Wilton etc and stay in the left lane taking off ramp for togher. Take first left at mini roundabout (just after the off ramp/exit) which brings you into industrial estate. Continue straight down road (runs parallel to main road) and you'll pass delivery office on right (office is one of a number of warehouse type buildings).

There's a sign outside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭tech

Its right beside Kearys BMW , Toyota, Lexus garage

ok I must be right on the edge of the coverage for some reason. I am 2 or so streets from the post building on oliver plunkett and they make me go all the way over there to get a package. That is silly.

Thanks for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The North City delivery office is in a really rough industrial estate in Hollyhill next to the eircom building. I had to make my way past umpteen caravans and lots of trash to pick up my letters.

It'll be DHL next time! Find An Post's customer-focus totally lacking.

They also have a habit of throwing letters that won't fit through our letter box into the flower bed!

Surely the logical thing would be to send undeliverable items to the GPO or somewhere that was easily accessible for people in the city and perhaps use some of the larger suburban post offices as collection points in the suburbs.

These delivery offices are totally unsuitable for public access .. how would you call to the soutside one on foot for example !?

Solair wrote:
    These delivery offices are totally unsuitable for public access .. how would you call to the soutside one on foot for example !?

I wont, and I am not paying for a taxi to take me there, I will instead mark the form to deliver to a neighbor, there is a business that is normally open at delivery time here on the ground floor, I will have a chat with them tomorrow.

The bad thing is that its 10 days into the 16 they will hold the package, and I really dont want it returned :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

You can just call them and request redelivery (they do answer the phone but it can take a day or so :D ). Count yourself lucky though, our lazyarse postman just dumps my parcels on the doorstep and if it's registered he just signs for it himself anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

Hmmm looking at the maps here (and google earth) the South City Delivery Office seems completely cut off from all pedestrian routes. Is there no way to get there without a car?

Who's idiotic decision was it anyways to put pickups somewhere OUTSIDE the city BEYOND the reach of most people and indeed most working people. Who really has the time to go off looking for some place outside the city on their lunch break, bah.
    Surely the GPO - being central, accessible, conveniently close to most bus routes and people - would be big enough to store packages and post for pickups? If not there then the nearest local post office.

Surely a company that's loosing money, as they claim, would be a bit more customer orientated and not awkwardly obscure. I could ramble on but I doubt anyone in this country/city would see any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

the fuppers only work from 7.30 to 13.30 on the dot.... dont know where it is but ring in before that time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Solair wrote: »

I did it on foot a few years ago. Not the most straightforwaard thing though as that area of the city is not designed for pedestrians. It's terrible service!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

Easiest way to find it on foot from city centre is:

Up Barrack St
    Turn left at the corner shop at crossroads with The Gallows pub onto Green St
    Over brow of hill and down Pouladuff Rd
    Keep going straight on till after bridge over South Link (a decent long walk!!)
    1st Left at the roundabout after that bridge
    Take the road on the right at the mini-roundabout (the next junction)
    Walk til almost the end of this road, its on the right.
    Public office is on the right of the building.

My postie's useless too. Got something from E-Bay left on the doorstep. On the pavement. Opposite a pub. On main student route between UCC and town. Thankfully it was still there many hours later when my housemate returned. Useless. :mad:

And not having the sorting office open on a saturday (even for a few hours) is a joke. The people most likely to miss the post are those who work during the week. During the hours they're open................

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

AFC_1903 wrote: »
    Easiest way to find it on foot from city centre is:

Up Barrack St
    Turn left at the corner shop at crossroads with The Gallows pub onto Green St
    Over brow of hill and down Pouladuff Rd
    Keep going straight on till after bridge over South Link (a decent long walk!!)
    1st Left at the roundabout after that bridge
    Take the road on the right at the mini-roundabout (the next junction)
    Walk til almost the end of this road, its on the right.
    Public office is on the right of the building.

My postie's useless too. Got something from E-Bay left on the doorstep. On the pavement. Opposite a pub. On main student route between UCC and town. Thankfully it was still there many hours later when my housemate returned. Useless. :mad:

And not having the sorting office open on a saturday (even for a few hours) is a joke. The people most likely to miss the post are those who work during the week. During the hours they're open................

Ya there should be a weekend service. At least Ill know next time to get a proper courier service.

Is there any bus route that gets close to it? Except the no6 that leaves you on the opposite side of the south link road and kinsale road and theres no pedestrian way of getting accross it to the SCDO without a long walk around too.

I think the South Orbital goes just the other side of the bridge that crosses the south link (about 5-10 mins walk from sorting office), but i'm sure the bus station would be able to better inform you. I tend to cycle out, and actually have to do so tomorrow morning so I can get back into the city and get a train out to Little Island in time for work.:(

I'm not a fan of An Post.......

Oh - bus station number is 021-4508188

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

so I can get back into the city and get a train out to Little Island in time for work.:(

this might be a stupid question but could you ask them to send the parcel to the sorting office in the Island? Be handier if possible.

You'd think that there'd be no problem, but had been on the phone to them asking if I could get it delivered to either my work or to the Little Island sorting office, but apparently not. I really can't see why it can't be done, there's no good reason that I can think of. Logistically it should be simple...... but nothing is simple, or follows the rules of common sense where An Post are involved :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

You'd think that there'd be no problem, but had been on the phone to them asking if I could get it delivered to either my work or to the Little Island sorting office, but apparently not. I really can't see why it can't be done, there's no good reason that I can think of. Logistically it should be simple...... but nothing is simple, or follows the rules of common sense where An Post are involved :mad:
    quit whinging

I offered to drop you out at lunch!! :-D

Ah, tis more a rant than a whinge! :D

And it's more at the lack o common sense/customer service of the company than at me having to go a wee bit out o my way! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭corkgal1981

Well postage only covers the cost of getting it to your address & if youre not there to accept it you just have to go pick it up. Also, its a semi-state company so theres no need for customer service.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

The dockets for parcels used have a portion that you could fill out for delivery to somewhere else.

The private couriers aren't much better - seems to be hit and miss with collection though _sometimes_ they'll ring in advance...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Well postage only covers the cost of getting it to your address & if youre not there to accept it you just have to go pick it up. Also, its a semi-state company so theres no need for customer service.
    postage actually covers the cost of getting it to you, the addresse, in Ireland.
    That's why there's a forwarding option on the docket, and why you can put "forward to:xxx new address" on a letter and get it re-delivered.

Private couriers are very hit and miss, if you are outside of the main urban areas. Only an Post, Interlink and a DHL sub contractor can find where I live, despite only 3 houses being in the area that most GPS systems show when u enter the address into it, and yes, entering townsland alone is enough to find my house, or my 2 neighbours.

I've never had issues with packages abeing re-routed from either of the 2 sorting offices in Cork, when i use my week day adddress. i simply get the package routed to the littleisland depot's security hut, and collect it there. My main problem is that some packages go to the North side depot, some to the southside depot, it appears random selection for my part of city, which office the deliveries are made for. In one case, I had a package from London come from the Southside depot, and 10minutes later, a package from USA came from the Northside depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Sorry about reviving a dead thread, but does anyone know what bus I would need to get out to the South City Delivery Office?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hey

I dont know the timetables of them but Id presume the nearest bus you could get out there would be one heading to Turners cross just before you come to the bridge, you should get a timetable on the t-tinernets for it..You would have to walk from there then, or mm I ponder if there is a bus stop by the Bull Mcabes on the airport road you could get there that way too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Sairus wrote: »
    Sorry about reviving a dead thread, but does anyone know what bus I would need to get out to the South City Delivery Office?

The 14 bus goes to Togher but it would be a long walk from there. The delivery office is located parallel to the link road and no buses go there. It's not the easiest place to walk to (or find), a taxi or friend with a car could save you lots of hassel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

It always pisses rain when you have to go there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 pandabrian

Sandvich wrote: »
    It always pisses rain when you have to go there too.

yeah, lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 unlocker

it's next to the indestrual zone after the ucc park

regards

Advertisement