Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin guitarist wants to start/join something

Options
  • 07-01-2007 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,
    I'm a 19 year old guitarist looking to start, or possibly join, a band. I also play some piano/keyboard. Some of my influences are as follows; Steve Reich, Explosions in the Sky, Jaga Jazzist, Sigur Rós, Múm, Tortoise, Efterklang, Stereolab, GYBE, Jeniferever, Album Leaf, Mogwai, John Adams, Debussy, Broken Social Scene, Mice Parade, Sufjan Stevens, Erik Satie, Do Make Say Think, Redneck Manifesto, Battles...
    As you can see, I'm into a lot of instrumental stuff, but I'd be happy either doing something with vocals or without. I'd be interested in starting something multi-instrumental, with electronics, wind instruments etc. as well as guitar, bass, drums, if I can find the people. If anyone's interested, PM me. Here are some links to my old band's music;

http://myspace.com/oakroomband

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wi3ZWSwT_4

I live in Harold's Cross (near enough to town on the south side).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 adriancraven

checked out your other stuff. im very interested. im 22 yr old guitarist/ keys from south dublin with tranport. ive got some stuff on myspace , its quite different than what i want to play now but just to give ya an idea. excuse the home recordings.. www.myspace.com/adriancraven . let me know if ur interested in jamming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 doghead

Hey, im a 19yold guitarist, north dublin, I checked out your old bands stuff, its pretty cool, and id be interested in puttin somethin new,original together, I can write music,original,experimental, i could also vocal. So let me know what ya think or whatever.

Advertisement