Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIWA Hi-Fi Separates

Options
  • 06-01-2007 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭

I have an old AIWA MX-90 amplifier that I need to get fixed. It's top quality, but ine of the channels has gone afer 15+years of regular usage. Obviously it'll be dumped as a last resort, but would rather not. :(

Have looked up their website and have the details for the Dublin 12 support, crowd called "Intek Ltd". Going to give them a call Monday, just thought I may as well as has anyone had any experiences good or bad with AIWA repairs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I was under the impression that nobody in the republic looked after Aiwa products but that's going back a bit (obviously if that crowd will!) but it's hard to imagine it being cost effective. Richer do Cambridge or Teac amps for up to €200, Peats have similar for €250 - €300.

Have a look at the inside yourself.. it might just be a fuse on one of the channels that's blown.

Given that it will cost you just to have these guts open it up I'd think carefully. They were a great little amp in their day though.

Advertisement