Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams :: exámenes :: examens :: Prüfungen :: esami :: Examens :: 試験

Options
  • 06-01-2007 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Good luck y'all.

Last year of the Autumn exams as we know it.

Here's to going out with a bang :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Yeah, good luck all!

/me awaits language nazi's to appear and to correct the no doubt Google Translated words :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Peteee wrote:
    Yeah, good luck all!

/me awaits language nazi's to appear and to correct the no doubt Google Translated words :)

Nope, I've been told I am quite the cunning linguist smiliepacman.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bubblicious

I hate exams. They smell big time. How depressing is it that the next 5 weeks of my life (6 if you count the week just passed) will be spent in the library?? Gosh I hate 4th year. It sucks ass bigtime!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

I'v already had my exams before Christmas!
    Out on TP Monday(tomorrow!?..ahh!) and i can actually say i havn't a lesson plan to my name yet..oh dear..

Anyway, good luck to ye all!
    Ye'll be fine!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

G'Luck all!!!! Im sure twill all go swimmingly.. and if not... life jackets are going cheap in outdoor pursuits shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

It'll all be over in 2 weeks.

Man, I'm getting the usual signs that its exam week alright. Back pains from being hunched over a desk, confusion at getting up at 7.40, rage at the feckers who talk or breathe loudly beside me in the library, etc.

Cant wait for them to be over, then I can finally relax. Oh wait, that FYP thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Good luck with them everyone.

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Indeed Good Luck to everyone.

I personally don't really give a ****e about these exams for some reason, maybe that'll change when I'm repeating them come September!! :(

Nah, i suppose they will be ok, its just the hatred towards them that has me talking like that... Bring on Friday the 19th!!

Well, 1 down 4 to go..

Accountancy today..
    Question 1 was tricky, a few parts to keep me on my toes, the rest of the paper was grand, like every other year..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Who's up for swapping lives for the next two weeks?!! ehh..anyone?!!

(Note: when making decision-please do not read 6posts up!:D)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Forgot to pop in and say good luck to ye all. Hope all goes according to plan.

nukem

Damn engi's :D Hope your well

Hey - thats Engi with a capital E to you:p
    Keepin well now must admit - miss that lovely decision in college, "to go to class or not to go to class?". Would love a lie in.

Hope you are keepin well - when are ye running with the Bulls?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Frederick

Exams in January suck!!

Got one tomorrow morning, Gotta love industrial policy!

What other colleges have exams after christmas I wonder? I think WIT have them....

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bubblicious

Ah, lovely Ireland and The World Economy!! gosh, Eoin Reeves smells....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Mossin wrote:
    Indeed Good Luck to everyone.

I personally don't really give a ****e about these exams for some reason, maybe that'll change when I'm repeating them come September!! :(

Nah, i suppose they will be ok, its just the hatred towards them that has me talking like that... Bring on Friday the 19th!!

Well I'm finished on Monday, but have economics tomorrow which I'm totally unprepared for and can't muster the will to study for........I'm pissing myself off, because these results will determine my co-op

Agree with Mossin there on the aul accounting...the cashflow question was identical to the 03/04 paper. except the name of the company:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

id rather be doing exams right now, than being stuck here on co-op...:o Sad?... i know...

Well I'm finished on Monday, but have economics tomorrow which I'm totally unprepared for and can't muster the will to study for........I'm pissing myself off, because these results will determine my co-op

It must be great to be finishing so early, but also must suck to have so many exams in one week.. I get 3 days off to study for BIS Monday, then 3 more for Sociology Friday..

The Economics today wasn't great. I did enough to pass [hopefully] but I won't be holding my breath. Like you Ninty9er I got really pissed off studying for it last night, so I just gave up, that kinda backfired today... :-(

Lets just hope that Maths tomorrow is better, because like you said, these results affect that damn QCA and Co-op and whatnot..

I dont think your QCA affects your co-op as much as you'd think. I got job offers before someone with a 3.6> QCA

Nukem, the running with the bulls will be during the summer, as thats when they do the running with the bulls :D

Yeah well even if it doesn't affect my Co-op that much, it would be nice to keep my QCA up. Hopefully my Maths Exam today will have a better effect than Economics.. A nice paper today, fairly happy overall with it.:)
    So 3 down and 2 to go..

• Advertisement

Telecoms1, could have been better, some curve balls and some rumours of explaining a question at the end for those that were there.

Harsh.

Seen worse papers tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Maths was quite similar to last year, but the revision last week did me well, it was remembering it today that fu*ked me. I passed it but left stupid blank spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Speakin of CoOp exams and stuff, are the exams this semester doubly weighted if your on CoOp next semester. I heard they were.

I know where im working (Lufthansa, Shannon - For my sins) the only problem is they still havent gotten back to me to tell me when Im starting, what ill be earning or what Ill be doing. Tis annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Stupid Architecture and non-repeatable exams. We fail one exam which might be worth 40% of the 1st semester mark for that module, and we fail the whole year. Ridiculous. And the exams we have are nothing we couldn't study for in 2 days during the summer.

Are we the only course like this?

Also there's rumours that our QCA counts from 1st year. Lecturer's response when asked about it: "You ask the funniest things"

Peteee wrote:
    I dont think your QCA affects your co-op as much as you'd think. I got job offers before someone with a 3.6> QCA
    First off stroke that EGO
    Peteee wrote:
    Nukem, the running with the bulls will be during the summer, as thats when they do the running with the bulls :D
    Second - there are many other bull runs besides Pamplona smart arse:D

cooperguy wrote:
    Speakin of CoOp exams and stuff, are the exams this semester doubly weighted if your on CoOp next semester. I heard they were.

Doubt it tbh. It's your QCA from the year before that gets looked at but weighted double because it's only one semester?
    Stupid Architecture and non-repeatable exams. We fail one exam which might be worth 40% of the 1st semester mark for that module, and we fail the whole year. Ridiculous. And the exams we have are nothing we couldn't study for in 2 days during the summer.

Are we the only course like this?

Try the current crop of CS 3rd years.

The course changed when they went into second year so if they out & out fail a module, it's back to second year. Can't repeat 3rd year.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭rorymagory

kaimera wrote:
    Good luck y'all.

Last year of the Autumn exams as we know it.

Here's to going out with a bang :)

...are you seriously telling me that from next year, exams will be BEFORE xmas????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

rorymagory wrote:
    ...are you seriously telling me that from next year, exams will be BEFORE xmas????

Yes this is true. From next year the exams will be before Christmas which means the semester starts earlier and you get more holidays at Christmas. I can't believe you haven't heard about this if you're a student here. It's been in An Focal and there have been emails sent regarding it to all students aswell if I remember correctly.

Cheers
    Rory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Sergeant Horse

yeah, its real bollocks, my coop was organised for coming back on the 15th of september, now i miss a week or so. sigh.

• Advertisement

Well that's 4 down 1 to go...Damn Sociology keeping me here till Friday though!! :-(

BIS today was great, couldn't have been more perfect, almost the exact same as the previous papers which i acquired on Saturday [thankfully!!!] Some questions were even repeated amongst the 70 MCQ asked..

Advertisement