Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual monitor/TV strange issue

Options
  • 06-01-2007 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

The problem is that when connecting the laptop up the TV, and watching a movie- within the application window playing the movie, i just get a black screen on the TV. Can see the destop just fine on both the tv and laptop, it's just black within the window of whatever player i'm using, be it Windows Media Player, VLC player, WinAMP, whatever.
    I've run into the exact same problem when i connected an external monitor to the same laptop.
    However, when i set the display mode to: Dual (instead of Clone) it worked.
    You know like when the external monitor is an extention of the desktop.
    Maybe this is a graphics driver issue?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 TheDrunkenBrain

Try running media player classic and set the display resolution from the options in mediaplayer classic to those of the desktop and see if they'll play. (refresh rate as well). Under options->playback->fullscreen display resolution(this is a dropdown from which you can select the res and refresh)
    Are you running 32bit colour, check your display settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭duleekboy

did this work

where is media player classic located in media player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

duleekboy it was probably an overlay problem by the sounds of it.

Just make sure you are using an up to date graphics card driver, there should be no need to lower the resolution.

Media Player Classic is a separate app not part of WMP you can download it from this location.

If the problem persists in MPC click view->options->playback->output & try overlay mixer and now see if the videos play.

Advertisement