Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Betting ???

Options
  • 05-01-2007 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is anywhere taking bets on where football players are moving to during the transfer period.

Q

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

I doubt bookie's would take bet's on this for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Skybet were doing a few yesterday but not the player I was looking for.

Ah well, it was worth a shot

Well If you find something I just got some inside info Stokes is joining Celtic.
    Don't know If It's true though.

Ive been told Celtic getting him for £2 Million but Charlton are offering 2.7 so I dont really know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I've heard that Arsenal have accepted £2.5m from both Charlton and Sunderland, and it's now up to the lad himself.

• Advertisement

No 2.7 from Charlton, Celtic matched it so it's up to himself.

Jesus I hope they dont sign him for 2.7 million what a waste of money.

Quote from BBC

Celtic have tabled a late bid to sign 18-year-old striker Anthony Stokes from Arsenal, BBC Scotland understands.
    Charlton Athletic and Sunderland were thought to have agreed a fee with the London club for the young Irishman.

However, the Glasgow club are believed to have matched the fee and the youngster now has a decision to make about his future.

Stokes netted 14 SPL goals in 16 appearances with Falkirk since moving on-loan from Arsenal in September.

He spent the first half of the season at Falkirk, but his loan spell ended at Christmas before returning to the Gunners in the January transfer window.

(I dont believe Celtic will pay that much for him not In a million year's.) Fecking better not..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Tush

Nearly a done deal with Charlton.

They can have the prick.

18 years of age he was gonna be getting over 30,000 a week not bad for a player who just came from Ireland and really only played In SPL? But no his daddy want's him to move to Charlton cause there offering more money. Jesus he would of been one of Celtic's highest paid player's. He would of had the chance to play CL football but instead goes to a club to help fight relegation and could be playing In championship next year. And please dont say sure the championship would be better than SPL because that is just ****.

They can have the prick.

18 years of age he was gonna be getting over 30,000 a week not bad for a player who just came from Ireland and really only played In SPL? But no his daddy want's him to move to Charlton cause there offering more money. Jesus he would of been one of Celtic's highest paid player's. He would of had the chance to play CL football but instead goes to a club to help fight relegation and could be playing In championship next year. And please dont say sure the championship would be better than SPL because that is just ****.
    money money money!
    and he is supposedly a life-long bhoy.:confused:

• Advertisement

Well show's he not If he was money wouldnt really matter. I mean come on over 30,000 a week Is even to much for him to be honest.

Like Gordan said on news If he doesnt want to play in front of 60,000 every week, play champions league football instead of fighting to try stay out of Championship let him off. Fair play I say let him off.

Oh incase you didnt know he's signing 4 and 1/2 year contract for them.

you on the huddleboard joe???

???

???
    obviously a Celtic supporter.yes???

I'm not good on picking up the sarcastic remark's.

You said nearly done deal with Charlton I was just saying he joined incase you didnt know.

No

I'm not good on picking up the sarcastic remark's.

You said nearly done deal with Charlton I was just saying he joined incase you didnt know.
    no sarcism involved mo chara,pm sent.

No Im not a member of the website.

Mo Chara? I have to laugh at you sometime's.

just wondering were you a member?

Politics not ring a bell.

No im not a member although I am on other site's.

No Im not a member of the website.

Mo Chara? I have to laugh at you sometime's.

Only sometimes,fair play,most people laugh at me all the time.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Take it to PM.

Also, this isn't the Soccer forum. If a discussion about a footballer ever does come up again that does happen to be relevant here, then I will enforce similar rules to those that exist on the Soccer forum.

ecksor wrote:
    Take it to PM.
    ecksor
    Also, this isn't the Soccer forum. If a discussion about a footballer ever does come up again that does happen to be relevant here, then I will enforce similar rules to those that exist on the Soccer forum.
    ok, but i dont see your point in saying this,as the thread is about gambling,and as for the taking it to pm,WHY ?

think you have taken the posts up wrong,maybe???

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

The thread started off relevant and there have been some relevant responses. Slagging Anthony Stokes seems quite irrelevant to gambling to me, and I find some of the posts unacceptable. Therefore I'm giving advance warning of that fact.

Also, a discussion between two posts regarding their membership of another website has no relevance here, and would make more sense being continued via PM.

Anyhoo, back on topic

My tip was for Stokes to go to Charlton.

Time will tell.

quazzy wrote:
    My tip was for Stokes to go to Charlton.

There saying now he's going to Sunderland :confused:
    Wouldn't you think he would make up his mind.

Appartently he had a 6 hour meeting with Keano and it made him re-think...

Anyhoo there's no bookies taking bets on it so i'll just sign off here for a bit.

Advertisement