Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speakers!

Options
  • 03-01-2007 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I'm looking to get some speakers (like a docking station) for my MP3 player. I've been hunting around but I'm having difficulty trawling through the crap to be honest.

I need good powerful speakers as they have to be heard above a lot of people hitting punch bags and pads and stuff!:D

Any reccomendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

You might be better getting an iTrip or something similar and sending it to a stereo system?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

The sound quality from those small FM transmitters has been mostly disappointing from my experience.

If you're looking for "good powerful" speakers, don't bother with those docking station yokes. My brother has these, and they are also completely lacking in any power so I doubt similar speakers would be any use to you either.

It really depends on how much you're willing to spend, as power and size tends to be proportional to price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I'd recommend these
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=303910
    They're not too expensive, extremely powerful, and can plug your ipod in there
    through its headphone jack and it sounds amazing. Really worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

You should be able to use any hi-fi system that has an Aux input: most mini systems should have these. Get a "3.5mm to 2 phono" cable (about €10) to connect the MP3 player to your hi-fi, job done.

To be honest, most of the docking station/speaker combos seem to be disappointing sound-wise. Although connecting to a normal hi-fi won't charge your player as it plays, the sound should be much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Thanks for all the replies guys. Trouble is that it has to be reasonably mobile AND powerful as I'll be taking it from place to place. Could be that I won't be able to get that combo without sacrificing one or the other.

I have a line out cable for it but no port in the stereo I have. I've used a tuner in the past and the sound quality has been poor. The speakers from Komplett seem to be the closest yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I agree with bill that you would be much better off using hifi speakers.
    You can get a small amp that you can connect mp3 players to very cheap which is excellent. It is called t-amp or something like that. Google for it if interested. I have one and it is excellent. The only problem is getting a suitable power supply for them (and they guzzle batteries).
    Then you would be able to use hifi speakers, and should be able to get ones loud and small enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

is it an ipod you have? i have a docking station for an ipod lying around somewhere if they would be any use to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

If you've got an iPod or Creative then these look pretty sweet!

http://www.epizenter.net/news.php?item.235.2
    http://www.epizenter.net/comment.php?comment.news.226

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/igroove.aspx
    These rock. I have a set.:D
    I use it for playing my iaudio there great.
    ( they will charge an i pod and the remote will let u control the i pod)
    I use them in the kitchen , shed and have used it outside for the barbie!
    couldnt recomend them highly enough.
    only downside is that it has to be plugged in. ( no batteries)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jebo

Where can I buy the Klipsch igroove in Ireland.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement