Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good venues outside of Dublin

Options
  • 03-01-2007 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭

Ok, aside from the obvious RD in Galway and CL in Cork has anyone played anywhere particularly nice around the country? Somewhere with a decent set-up as regards PA and monitors that would suit a band playing origionals.

There's a good thing going on in Carlow I know. We have a few ties in Gorey, Co Wexford which I'd love to play but dunno if it's all just cover bands there. This place Paddy Blues seems to be the place to play but what's the crowd like?

Cheers for any info

Conor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 LeoSeine

Hey,

A friend of mine played in paddy blues a couple of months ago, done all originals, kinda punk music, to be honest i think it was more friends there than anything, its a good little place to gig though, worth giving it a shot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

skyvenue in portlaoise was a nice place when we played there...the engineer is a knob though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

eddie murphys in thomastown , kilkenny is a deadly little venue so it is

Advertisement