Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tribune/sun business post/indo crosswords/quizzes

Options
  • 03-01-2007 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

anyone doing the xmas and new years quizzes and crosswords in the above papers. have bunch of them here ..sports,arts,business,general knowledge etc. if anyone wants to swap answers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,757 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What clues are you stuck on?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭samsausage

googling the sunday independent business quiz atm. have about half done, should have rest of them in next few hours. have not started the business post political quiz yet or the sunday indo "final whistle" christmas crossword. about 10 clues done in the tribune "year ender,mind bender" sport crossword. completed th business post christmas bumper crossword and should have the new year one done by tonight. also have business post xmas quiz done by not certain on about 3 answers. no start yet on the indo arts quiz( might not bother, looks difficult). what do u need

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DMG 1972

Am missing two on the Sunday Independent crossword,

35 down - There's one like this in every village - I_ _ O _ I_
    58 across - Powerful jumper steered clear of Devon _ _ B

If you are stuck on any others let me know, I didn't try the Tribune or Business post ones but I have the Irish times one finished if you need any.

only thing can think of a the moment is idiotic..only have about 6 or 7 of that one done so far..trying to finish 2 at the moment that have to be in by tomorrow..will have another look now

E.S.B. is answer. name of the horse that won the national when devon loch fell

• Advertisement

Fair play Sam thanks for that - I had thought of idiotic but didn't think it fit the clue

village idiot was only thing i could think of but doesn't explain it fully, i think? only other word that fits is "illogic"??

finished sunday business post christmas quiz(not 100% on two or three of them). finished "year ender minder bender" in tribune. most of the sbp political quiz done and in middle of indo business quiz(need no.8 - what was best performing irish tech stock 2006; trintech, horizon tech, iona or datalex. also how much did phil flynn get as compo from bank of scotland? no.24 - what was code name for ryanair takeover of aer lingus? no.37,which director of aer lingus has most shares and most of the photo ones. has to be in by tomorrow.

Ryanair takeover codename was Project Bargepole
    Phil Flynn got €240,000 based on this story http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/finance/2006/0413/1142365534668.html

For the Aer lingus one you would get this in their annual report which is probably on their website.

thanks dmg. prob goin to concede this one; still stuck on photos and has to be in by this afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

IDIOTIC is correct.

if it doesn't fit then you have something else wrong.

anyone know what question 3 in the sports round of the sunday business post christmas quiz is (december 24th issue). tore out the entry form and missed that one. i remember it was to do with what weight bernard dunne fought esham pickering at? know the answer but missing the multiple choice answers.

Advertisement