Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba 37" setup problem

Options
  • 02-01-2007 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    First of all, this forum has been a great resource in the run up to the big buy - which I did on Saturday. I got a 37" Toshiba WLT66 for 1299 in Dixons. Am happy out but for one confusing issue.

I've got NTL digital. Now, the box is hooked up by scart and analogue. And everythings fine with the scart connection. But the problem is with the analogue signal.

When I turned on the tv first it announced that it wanted to tune the analogue channels. So far so good. But it failed announcing the lack of any analogue signals. It does this every time the tv is turned on ie. It can pick no analogue signals up so it hasn't tuned any channels in. I tried everything including putting the aerial directly into the tv (ie. bypassing the digi box completely). This led to the tv being able to tune in ONE channel - More4.

I am confused. If it can tune in one channel why can't it tune them all in? Why does taking the digi box out of the equation change things?

(for reference, the old 21" crt had no problems with either the digital or the analogue channel pick up).

Cheers!
    Quad

Comments

Advertisement