Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paganini

Options
  • 02-01-2007 3:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Opinions on?

Genius, I love him. Have to say, the thing i love is the wild, seemingly impromptu nature of most of his Caprices.

Your thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Sold his soul to the devil like Robert Johnson, apparently.

He's pretty good no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Schlemm wrote:

The robert johnson thingy came towards the end of his life if I remember correctly....

The was dying of mercury poisoning (i think - could have been syphilis), which gave him a pale, gaunt appearance. Furthermore, he tended to wear all black from head to toe (gloves and hat aswell I think). He looked like death, apparently.

But the main reason people thought he was in league with the devil was his playing. The man probably did have supernatural help, if writings of his amazing ability on the violin are to be believed.

I have this sneaking suspicion i'm confusing him with someone else. I'm always getting composers confudled. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭darragh666

Apparently Paganini would roll his eyes upwards while playing which gave the impression of him being possessed,he also wouldn't deny the rumor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Schlemm wrote:

And three quarters of Led Zep

Advertisement