Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal stuff.....

Options
  • 31-12-2006 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist/General noise monkey available....

22 Dublin

Lookin to start a new... or join a metal band...

influencey things: Chimaira, Throwdown, Dry kill logic, Terror, Isis, Cult of Luna, Pelican, Evergreen Terrace, Deftones, Norma Jean, The Haunted, Heaven Shall Burn...... and a whole other bunch of wankery.

if u want something mash the keyboard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Alucard II

i play guitar. getting a custom built baritone in the new year. main influences are Tool, Zeppelin, and a lot of metal, mainly Death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

Hey man i play drums (well not playing to long but getting better)...do you have a place to jam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

not a permanent one at the moment but i use rehearsal rooms in the city centre.

Whats the gear like in that place? Do they have drums or anything?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Alchemist

Hi, my name is Marcin I play an electric and acoustik guitar....

influences: ozzy, dream theatre, pink floyd, metallica, megadeth, Queen, extreeme...and many more:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Discostuy wrote:
    Whats the gear like in that place? Do they have drums or anything?.

They have a drum kit, it wudnt be the best by all means, you'd have to bring your own snare, hats, and stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭JimmNeutron

Yo, wats d story, u still in search of a drummer??
    Im only 17 now but ive been playin a good four years now. Absolutely love deftones aswel, one of my favourite bands at the minute.

yeah im looking to get something together. Angry hardcore type stuff, with melodic stuff thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

any samples of stuff u've done in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Sounds like you have a few guitarists so I'll put myself forward for bass. 21, dub city.

• Advertisement

Sean7 wrote:
    Sounds like you have a few guitarists so I'll put myself forward for bass. 21, dub city.

cool, as soon as a drummer is up for it, we'll jam.

To start with, We'll need just a Bassist and Drummer.

Whos interested......

Pm'd you

Discostuy wrote:
    Pm'd you

Aye you said you ain't been playing long, exactly how long is not long?....

To me talent is secondary, I'm not looking for amazing musicians, just people who are dedicated and have the same passion as myself. I've played with some amazing musicians who couldn't write a song, and some less than average ones who could.

Been playing a few months now, only about 8-9...

Sean7 wrote:

If I setup a jam, with yourself and Discostuy would you guys be ok for that?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭waking dreams

Hey man did you get my P.M ??

Hey man did you get my P.M ??

Was that in regard of chosen?

if so, yeah I got it, I'd be interested in giving it a go, not sure im what your looking for, as in im nothing like the old vocalist, I dont do clean vocals too much, im more the heavier screamer/growler type....

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭waking dreams

AlcoholicA wrote:
    Was that in regard of chosen?

if so, yeah I got it, I'd be interested in giving it a go, not sure im what your looking for, as in im nothing like the old vocalist, I dont do clean vocals too much, im more the heavier screamer/growler type....

It is indeed regarding Chosen, Well as it says on the poster all vocal styles Welcome, P.M if you are interested in giving it a go, and we can discuss it further,

Cheers

• Advertisement

Hey man yeah thats sounds good...im away from tomorrow for a week, but soon as i'm back i'd be up for meeting up and embarrassing meself :)
    Stu...

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Hey sorry, I've been offline for a while, my laptop's broken. I'm still up for a jam though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Mantrax

Hi, will just copy my ad, it's easier

I’m a professional 27 years old keyboard player living in Portlaoise, I work in Dublin, my influences are, Metal, Electronic, Goth, Rock. Bands I like, Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, Static-X , Lacuna Coil, Ill Nino, Deathstars, Korn, Fear Factory, Dimmu Borgir, VNV Nation, Wumpscut and many Neo Metal, industrial electronic and rock bands, trance, techno sometimes. Some Pop bands (why not)

I want to form a band heavy, but commercial, dark but digestible for the rock and alternative public, A singer that can sings and scream with balls to front with an attitude being able to move masses is essential.

My last bands were in Amsterdam www.drionide.nl and www.x-ist.nl I left my native country Venezuela in 1999 with only one purpose but to play music and live my dream, not in search of a job, better life, blah blah,etc, I had it all back then.

Now I got married, and I decided to move to Ireland 2 years ago because I started to think in my future, etc, I separated myself from the music scene, but I can’t hold it any longer. I am committed and I DO want to make a serious good band with only one purpose, to quit my job and live only from the music.

If you know that you are damn good and if you want to follow your dreams instead of having a normal live and a normal work, then there is nothing more to say but to “see you in the rehearsal room”

Please, old school, black AC/DC t-shirt types do not waste your time, I love and respect the old school heavy metal and rock and roll, but I want to create something fresh

I have my professional gears, top of the range laptop, Synthesizers, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 qwerty100

21 m. Guitar. Listening to Korn, KSE, A7X, In Flames, Soilwork, SOAD recently.

Interested in joining a new outfit. Still looking for a guitarist?

Advertisement