Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jap Radio

Options
  • 31-12-2006 1:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Anybody know whats the story with getting the radio to work over here on a car that has been imported from Japan? I've read about it before but can't remember, what do I need?

Also, anybody know what the price would be on a set of iridium spark plugs?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

To get the radio working you will need a FM Band expander. You will be still limitied to how many radio stations you can get and the frequency shown on the display will be diferent then the real one
    e.g 98FM will be something like 87.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

You can mod some of them internally to select 88 -108 , i did one a few years ago , in that case there was three small diodes together , with a place for a fourth , solder in extra diode and that was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Scooby_Doo

Really? I had no idea it could be done? I used to just get a band xpander? Would this also work to get american radios working over here? ie. to pick up the even stations eg 104.4 etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I'm stuck with 75-90MHz radio as well, wouldn't it be easier to pick up a radio from the breaker's yard?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Don't bother with the band expanders anyway, they aren't worth getting. I must look up opening mine because the expander is driving me mad, works sometimes and other times I only get radio 1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

I can't even get the thing to power on! It's a Kenwood cd/md player & I'd say it's one of the better ones but unfortunately I can't get nada outta it:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

All Jap radios seem to use the ariel as the negative feed, might sound like something stupid but check that the ariel and all is connected up.

Advertisement