Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flasing NDS Lite For Mates..What Do I Need??

Options
  • 30-12-2006 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭

So i have some mates who want there ds's flashed (i already have mine flashed) i got my super card on boards about a month ago and now my mates want one too.So what equipment do i need to flash a few ds lites.All i really need to know is will a pass me 2 work a few times.And also if i buy a different super card will i have to flash it.It is going to be my 1st time flashing a ds and i will also like to know the risks.Its there i big % that i might mess up on my 1st time.Anyway can people help me.

Thanks,

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Just get them to buy a DS-Xtreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

ye might do that but i ordered a super card lite and do i need to flash it if i have a super card and its flashed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

why are u all getting slot 2 cards/

get the r4. slot 1, pretty much 100% compatible, i think its proving download play to work most of the time aswell

havent ordered my mates cards but i ordered my slot 2 one maybe i should sell it and then get the slot 1...how much is the r4

its only 33 euro ! takes microsd.

http://www.modchipstore.com/R4-DS-R4DS-Slot-1-solution-homebrew-backups-microsd-16424.html

check www.gbatemp.net FORUMS. people posting their views.
    that site does good reviews, review of that will be up this week.

also keep out for new M3 [slot 1]

r4 and new m3 seem to be at the top for now.

• Advertisement

does it have the web browser and video player on it....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

If you don't know enough about mod chip options, you probably don't know enough to mod other people's DSL's

As said, go read gbatemp for a few hours.

Most of the new slot1 solutions don't require a PassMe device, but might lack GBA compatibility.

Most/All would have media playback functions.

ok so i have found the following that i might get...

http://www.modchipstore.com/Ez-Flash-4-IV-Lite-Bundle-EZ-Passme-pass3-SD-Reader-Compact1gb-16412.html

does that one have everything i need to flash it im sure theres a 1st time for everything might get my bro to do it as he has chipped a few xboxs etc.

and then also the ds xtreme but they dont have any in stock so when my supercard comes i think ill try selling it so i will then get one of them 2...or maybe something different...

thanks for info lads i checked out that site and read some reviews cheers..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Right, I'm confused why you'd choose a slot2 over slot1 these days, especially with slot1's taking external memory.

Slot1 - DSX means you don't need a passme, and you won't need to flash.

Slot2 - EZ4L - you need a passme or need it flashed.

The DSX has builtin memory of 512mb, while the EZ4L uses microSD.

DSX can play clean roms (drop and drag works on any OS), while the EZ4L requires a windows client to patch roms, and you'd have to updated the kernel to play some newer roms.

It's a no-brainer these days.

why u even flashing ds's and voiding warranty ?
    for slot 2 solutions u buy a pass me, which stays in ur slot1 all the time. so instead of flashing get passme obv

but why go for slot 2? R4 - slot 1, cheaper, best out there.
    and yes it the new 1.6 moon shell runs on r4 so u can watch videos i guess.
    not sure about browser, u need expansion pack .

• Advertisement

the ds xtreme is only 512mb???i taught it was 4gb...

yes i might go for that R4 one then..

4Gbit, not 4Gbyte so its 512mb,
    wait for r4 review , its out this week, gbatemp.net

seems like best choice. takes microsd so can have up to 2GB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Spuddie

So which would ye guys recommend.

R4 or DS-X ?

download play = when one person has a cart [eg in supermario bros, you can play with a friend, multiplayer with only one cart]

DSX is one of the only ones which supported almost all of the games with downloadplay. It hasnt been test much for R4 but it seems to be supporting them fine, just wait for the official review.

i would personally get R4 due to dsx's 512mb constraint and the price difference, DSx is triple the price.

ye will order a few r4 packages next week...thanks for all the info especially you Placebo you have been very helpful cheers

Advertisement