Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Transplant Surgery

Options
  • 30-12-2006 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

obviously going unreg on this one folks.

I am seriously considering Hair Transplant Surgery and was wondering if anyone has had the procedure or knows of anyone who had it done.

It is fairly expensive (up to €13k) but I feel that it would be worth it if I get the desired results. I'm in my late twenties and feel like I'm in my forties the way things are going!:( :o

I have done a good bit of research into it (plus consultations with the 2 providers in Ireland), but it is personal opinions I am after.

People have suggested a tight haircut but on me its just all wrong!!

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I don't know much about it, but I saw a programme about it before. It was featuring the clinic in Blackrock, had a young guy with a bald patch and receeding hairline at the front. Showed him before and after and it was immaculate, very good job they did and he'll have that hair for the rest of his life now.

Though most people will just say "ah just shave it off" or whatever, personally should I ever start balding the transplant surgery will be the route I'll be taking!

They did warn on the show that a lot of other clinics offering the service often leave the patients with botched jobs, which either looked completely fake or just really bad in general (the hair was put in in clumps with obvious gaps between them).

Anyway, can't offer too much advice 'cause its something I know little about, I'd say go for it though. It takes a while to recover from apparently but would be well worth it imo.

Advertisement