Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

feelings for a friend

Options
  • 29-12-2006 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Seeing a friend I haven’t seen for five months this weekend (trip comes as a surprise, I was not expecting to see her before the summer).

For whatever reason, I didn’t make a go of it when we saw each other pretty much every day and lived in the same town. We got on exceptionally well and I think she dropped hints she fancied me, or she was just being nice and besides I’m usually a pretty bad judge at the best of time…

By the time she left (studying in Canada), I let myself totally fall for her and my feelings are still there x months later, and now just got stronger with the news I am seeing her.

Now since this could mess up a friendship I value dearly, that’s inappropriate for me to make a move when she is really going out of her way to see me, that even if something was to happen it would hardly work out her being in Canada for five years minimum ….

So what do I do (move the hell on and stop dreaming no doubt being the obvious answer)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Well if you reckon that you both are into having a relationship and can do the long distance relationship (it is possible but you both have to WANT it for it to work) thing for a while then I'd so its a goer. It depends what you both want down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Does She Have A Bf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Ruu wrote:
    Well if you reckon that you both are into having a relationship and can do the long distance relationship (it is possible but you both have to WANT it for it to work) thing for a while then I'd so its a goer. It depends what you both want down the line.
    Agree, LDRs can easily work once both parties want it to but it does very much depend on what you both want.

Telling her you've feelings for her could make things awkward alright, thats on the provision that they're not mutual feelings, if they are indeed mutual then things could end up very well altogether.

There is only one way of finding out though, and you're certainly not going to find out by asking us. Life's short, I'd say go for it because you sure as hell don't want to be stuck here wondering "what if" when she inevitably ends up with someone else (providing you don't go for it of course).

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,267 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Give her a snog at Midnight on New Year's Eve. If its good, ask for second helpings.

Advertisement