Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jungle Planet/BWX

Options
  • 29-12-2006 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Did we ever, or are we due to get Jungle Planet or Beast Wars 10th anniversary figures?

I recently got Primal and Megatron, and while pleased at them at first, I'm a little disappointed at how big and clunky they are compared to all the other Beast figures I have; much like many recent Cybertron figs, they don't deliver much for their size.

At first, I disliked BWX. I saw pictures of Primal and I called him "Osama Bin Primal" and that was that; white turban, yellowy skin and beard? No thanks.

However, they recently caught my interest again. BWX Primal was repainted as Jungle Planet Primal just a couple of months later, in much, much better colours. It makes all the difference; the dull grey really clashed with the yellowish "skin".

I would really like to get my hands on that. The Megatron repaint is also better, unfortunately it looks little like Beast Wars Megatron due to a complete colour change, so I'd be wanting to get the original BWX one(I have to repaint that anyway, but it would only be very slight, the Cybertron one would be a complete repaint almost.

Has anyone seen them in any shops over here, or does anyone know if they're due to come out? They're surprisingly expensive to get online so if I'm ever around somewhere that has them, I'd go in and buy them instead.

I don't mind Megatron so much since he's meant to be a big T-Rex, but Primal I really want.

I like these figs because they look like a much tidier version of Transmetal 2, and less tacky version of Beast Machines.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

xanthor wrote:
    Yes, but the pain of a toy that has been opened lingers long after the 5 minutes of entertainment that results from opening it. :)
    I always open mine. Look better on display in action poses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

GWolf wrote:
    I always open mine. Look better on display in action poses

Amen

Advertisement