Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Football Betting 29th-31st

Options
  • 29-12-2006 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

6 team acca that ain't gonna happen!

Birmingham 2/5
    Bolton 10/11
    Blackburn 10/11
    Man Utd 1/5
    Derby 8/11
    Gretna 4/11

13.5/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

Watford V Wigan (Away)
    West Ham V Man City (Away)
    Sheff V Arsenal (Away)

Dodgy first 2 selections there but i think its good value at 11/1 on 3 wins.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Last coupon of the year, lets hope its a winning one.

Swindon V Darlington @8/11: Swindon are pushing for promotion and are on a decent run(W4 D0 L2). They've won their previous 3 home games and have beaten high flying Wycombe Walsall and Bury in recent weeks. Notts County may lie 7th but their recent form is poor (W1 D0 L5). 8/11 represents value here as Notts County are draedful at the moment.

Albion Rovers V East Stirling@4/6: East Stirling got beaten 2-0 by the worst team in Scotland last week(Elgin) They lie 2nd bottom of the table and have lost 4 of their last 6 games. These 2 teams have played against each other 4 times already this year with Albion winning 3 of them.

Sheff Utd V Arsenal @1/2: Sheffield Uniteds manager has said "I'm hoping for six inches of snow, our preparation has not been as good as I would have liked.

"There has been a virus that has knocked out a couple of our players and then we had a few injury problems.

"The difficulty is that we have to play on Monday afternoon as well but the situation is that whoever is fit will have to play against Arsenal."
    Arsenal have a couple of injury problems themselves with Hleb and Adebayor definitely missing. However with Gilberto, Van Persie and Rosicky all in great form recently they can win this one. Baptista is due a goal also.

Horsham V Slough @3/10: Slough are in absolutely shocking form and lie rooted to the bottom of the Rymans League. In their past 6 games they've lost 5 and drew 1, scoring 2 and conceding 20. Players are leaving them by the week and their 40 year old manager had to step in recently in a game they lost 5-0. Horsham lie 5th and are pushing for promotion. Home Banker! There I've said it.

Man Utd V Reading @1/5: Can't see United slipping up here especially with the news that Carrick is available to replace the suspended Scholes. United have been in great form recently winning 5 out of 6 and with the side eager to maintain their 4 point gap over Chelsea I can't see them slipping up against a side that has won just 1 of their last 6 games.

Chelsea V Fulham @1/5: A simply must win game for Chelsea who really can't afford to fall any further behind United. Khalid Boulahrouz is suspended but the way hes been playing this season that can only be regarded as a positive!

2006 Final Fling Coupon:
    50 Points: Swindon, Albion, Arsenal, Horsham, Man Utd, Chelsea @7/1

20 Points: Shrewsbury @7/4, Celtic HT-FT@5/6, Wigan(+1)@4/9, Arsenal @1/2 = 19/1

That Shrewsbury one is a chancy one but its too tempting after reading this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_3/6205773.stm

Good Luck And A Happy New Year to All The Gamblers!

S.M.B. wrote:

Birmingham 2/5 :(
    Bolton 10/11
    Blackburn 10/11
    Man Utd 1/5
    Derby 8/11
    Gretna 4/11

13.5/1

Well that didn't last too long. So..........

Everton v Newcastle
    Draw @ 9 - 4

Tottenham v Liverpool
    Draw @ 11 - 5

Watford v Wigan Athletic
    Draw @ 11 - 5

Sunderland v Preston
    Draw @ 11 - 5

105/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Before the start of this United match, 1.29 United and 1.69 the overs both way too short so I layed them both. I might just have been right; the overs backers have obviously panicked, because overs is now 2.08 after only 14 mins with unders odds-on; now obviously one goal for either team could change that, but it's insane, it's like a darts match. :eek: After the same 15 mins, United's price hasn't risen though, so the match odds might have been about right, and if Reading could somehow make it to HT, I'll get out.

• Advertisement

More in-running notes; Reading have a shot wide and United now 1.36 the Match Odds.

Ferdinand has to go off. Nice. :)

S.M.B. wrote:

Birmingham 2/5 :mad:
    Bolton 10/11 :)
    Blackburn 10/11 :)
    Man Utd 1/5 :)
    Derby 8/11 :)
    Gretna 4/11 :)

13.5/1
    Birmingham the only team to go wrong!

Added a few of Pigheads choices to my final Accumulator of the year. Anywhere where I can find the Horsham V Slough score/result?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

Horsham V Slough score/result?

Game was abandoned:rolleyes:

Advertisement