Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writing Review

Options
  • 28-12-2006 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was just trying to gauge the demand for a website that would allow people to submit their writing and get fellow users to review it and offer constructive (hopefully!) criticism. There are one or two sites out there that do this but they charge for the service. I was wondering if there are any writers here who might use such a site, for poetry, short stories, book reviews etc etc.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Um, you mean, like some sort of forum, for writing, say, creatively?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

*shakes head*

Sorry, but I doubt that there would be enough demand. We've already got lots of forums to post our stories, like Boards.ie. Granted, things have been a little slow lately (is that tumbleweed I see going past?)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sroberts82

Ok, I see your point, but surely a standard forum is people using the limited resources available. If there was a dedicated area where you had an account and could submit a number of stories, view peoples ratings and thoughts on them, search by category etc etc, there must be some demand for that. I know there are websites out there that do this, but they charge. Are you telling me, that for a serious writer, posting their stories on a forum is enough? Wouldn't it be nice if you could log in to a site and see a list of everything you've written associated with its list of reviews. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know, like I said im just trying to gauge demand. And I love Sarcasm by the way, its very helpful. Sign of a good writer.

sroberts82 wrote:
    Ok, I see your point, but surely a standard forum is people using the limited resources available. If there was a dedicated area where you had an account and could submit a number of stories, view peoples ratings and thoughts on them, search by category etc etc, there must be some demand for that.

[Sarcasm]Yes! Absolutely! You're completely and beyond a shadow of a doubt... right![/sarcasm]

Well, you did say you liked it. ;)

Seriously though, searching, people's ratings, categories, ect. are just needless bells and whistles.

The standard forum does have limited resources, but frankly, do we need more? I mean, we can post our stories, and read and write reviews. That's all we need. :)

Can we give threads a rating here though.. like in the Humour forum.. cause i like the idea of giving stories a rating depending on how good they are?

• Advertisement

Can we give threads a rating here though.. like in the Humour forum.. cause i like the idea of giving stories a rating depending on how good they are?

Up there, at the top right of sroberts82's first post. Thread Tools - Search this Thread - Rate Thread - Display Modes

;)

Up there, at the top right of sroberts82's first post. Thread Tools - Search this Thread - Rate Thread - Display Modes

;)

Aha. Fantastic. Never saw that before

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement