Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which was the best season so far?

Options
  • 28-12-2006 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

1.2.3.4.5? My own personal was season 1....:) Oh when teri discoverd ''alan york'' and that crappy teenage daughter kimberly keeps sobbing everytime her fathers mentioned (WHY did they hire her...Crap actor:mad:) You can't beat the starter seires

Which was the best season so far 17 votes

Season 1
    0% 0 votes
    Season 2
    47% 8 votes
    Season 3
    11% 2 votes
    Season 4
    5% 1 vote
    Season 5
    0% 0 votes
    They are all as good as the next/Don't know
    35% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

shhh shhh don't badmouth Elisha Cuthbert where Spanky-s can hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Here comes a banning :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

It was nice knowing you Chillwithcian. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Here comes a banning :p

Why, because i think she's a crap actor?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Season 2 just pips Season 1 for me. The rest don't even come close.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Season 2, just ahead of 5. Then 1 and 3. 4 is the only slightly dodgy season imo, the rest have been great. But just couldn't beat the intensity of Season 2 with the bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭lukin

There's been loads of "what was the best 24 series so far" threads in the history of this board and even though I'm sick of them I can't resist throwing in my tupenny's worth:
    Series Two for me as I think it was the most consistent throughout the whole 24 episodes.
    In series 1,3,4 and 5 there have been five or six episodes in a row in each of them that were genuinely gripping (ie the last six eps of Day 3 and the middle eps in Day 5) but that was offset by episodes which were predictable or boring.
    Day Two was the most solid I think in terms of storyline and plot development. Dennis Haysbert in particular was superb in that series and the guy who played the villain was tops too.
    It was also the only season in which the central storyline wasn't actually that outlandishly far-fetched (but feel free to disagree with me on that one lads).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Chevano Riley

season 3, or possibly 5.

2 was a mess. kims story was utterly, utterly brutal and had zero relationship to the main plot. the cougar??? it was a case of TV not messing with a formula and putting back in characters who didn't work all that well. Since then 24 has gone from strength to strength.

3 was great. chapelle's death was one of the best moments of TV ever, bar none and the drug cartel episodes were great.

4... hmmm. i watched this for the first time on DVD over the last week or so. marwan was a good villain but not good enough to last the whole season like he did. they should've wrapped him up a few hours early and had a new threat from the chinese. also, the moral tone went a little wonky. they were always a little eager to torture people, even people who probably didnt have much info. chloe with the M16 tho, classic.

5. everything was right. a complicated villain in the shape of president logan, going from out of his depth bumbling dubya impersonator to evil genius to pawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Season 1 and Season 5 for me.

Season 1 for it orginality, It kept the suspence up the whole way, bar the middle few hours but they had endings to episodes like Jack "killing" Nina, and Kim ecsape from Dan and Rick with Janet only to have janet run over and then Teri finding out about Mr. York janet's "father".

Over all a season which had you guessing the whole way through.

Kim is the best actress ever. :)

Season 5

Just for Martha and Charles Logan. Mile and Karen from Homeland are also great characters. I hope they all return in Day 6.

Season 2 and 3 keep with the tempo of Seasons 1 and let the 3 season connect far better then they do to season 4 even season 5 doesn't really connect with season 4.

Season 4 is just terrible if anything it could have ended the series. Not going to repeat myself again about Day 4 and how bad it is. (Kims not even in it)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 smergger

1st season , new tv format maybe gives it the edge over season 3, but i nearly shed a tear near the end that season , rare that , extremely gripping, many cliffhangers , and had whole season to watch at once
    season 2 quite enjoyed , 4 was poor in parts , and end
    5 was bit better , still not great tho
    all still much better than most tv

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

Personally I hated season 1 and 2.

I thought Season 3 was far better than 1 and 2.

The suspense of Season 4 made it the best in my eyes. Arnold Vosloo is a natural bad guy in my eyes.

Christopher Henderson made season 5 for me. Excellent casting there.

Season 6 is looking excellent. Simply seeing Bauer commandeer a car and simply saying "dont get up" to the innocent victim. Classic Bauer.

Which Season had the bit with Jack sitting into his jeep and crying? That was a very powerful image for a show like that. I think Season 6 is going for more emotional development that season 4 and 5 also.

BTW for some reason I think Michelle Dessler (aka Reiko Aylesworth) is really mint. Dunno why.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

[spoilers]Season 6 is looking excellent. Simply seeing Bauer commandeer a car and simply saying "dont get up" to the innocent victim. Classic Bauer.[/spoilers]

Spoiler please.
    I thought Season 3 was far better than 1 and 2.

I didn't like the ending of season 3 no cliffhanger. Unlike 1, 2, 4 and 5.

Advertisement