Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am an idiot

Options
  • 28-12-2006 2:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Right I am basically using you as some sort of catharsis. Today, in Arnotts, got talking to a girl I met about 10 years ago while I worked in Xtravision in Drumcondra. Really liked her then, she still looks great. I was in a queue to pay and while I was paying she wandered off. Lost her and I know very little about her.

God freakin damn it all I had to say was "gimme a sec I'll be right there". Yeah I know I'll get over it but jeeze am I an idiot.

So the question is as has anyone come up with any good methods to track down that lost girl ... and oh yeah how do I change my avatar.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Passport

www.bigulo.com will find her if she's on bebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

best thing you can do is let it go and next time you get an opportunity don't hesitate. Even if you do find her now the chance for a casual meeting has passed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm sorry, I met her about 2 months ago. Great rack, yeah? She told me she's married 18 months now and is about 5 months pregnant.

What I ddin't realise was all those years ago I was fantasising about a 17 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Jotter

sorry but if she wandered off shes prob not interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭maggz

Jotter wrote:
    sorry but if she wandered off shes prob not interested!

I wouldnt say that at all. If she liked you too she might have been embarrassed to hang around in case she looked like she was being desperate.

There must be some way of getting in touch. if you worked in Xtravision and she was a customer you must know her full name?!?! there must be someone you know who knows her or something. Come on get your thinking cap on... Google her, look for her on myspace or bebo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Let it go, I notice this isnt the only board you have put this up on. Its rather creepy. If it was meant to happen it was meant to happen. It didnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Is there nobody you know who might even know one of her friends?
    Other than that you could start hanging out in pubs you know she frequents if you feel like 'stalking' her. :P
    best of luck with it

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Jumpy wrote:
    Let it go, I notice this isnt the only board you have put this up on. Its rather creepy. If it was meant to happen it was meant to happen. It didnt.
    So true. Let it go, if you go chasing after her because of her looks without truely knowing her she will run a mile. If you happen to bump into her again, ask her out. You missed your chance this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 genewilder

OK lads (that is a gender free statement) having been out for a few beers I now have a new found confidence that if it is meant to be it is meant to be ... watch this space for further bulletins on the soap opera that is my search for pretty girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

stalk to you hearts content......

Nah on a serious note, ask around friends of yours. They might know somehting about her, like where she goes on a weekend.

• Advertisement

Believe me I am actively making an eejit of myself asking around ... when I find her ... and I will find her I'll be back to tell everyone ... and laugh how I'll laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Have you tried the phonebook? :confused:

Why are you bothering tho? If she just 'walked off' then she probably hasn't given you a seconds thought since Arnotts (or even in the 10 years prior to this incident).

Plus, why didn't you just be spontanious and leave the queue when you saw her. Throw your purchases with gay abandon at a nearby security guard and then cheerfully invite yer woman out for coffee and chat about the good old days when the two of you would pass an evening together by pushing an array of John Travolta turkeys out onto to an unsuspecting public. Oh no, much more important to stay in line to pay for my tat!

Romantic genewilders dead and gone! He's with O'Leary in the queue.

Ah but isn't that the subject of my thread ... I had a moment to grasp something, and I failed so when you ask why didn't I do this, why didn't I do that ... well I've already asked myself those questions ... so we are where we are and I can say "Oh well" and muddle on or I can make some level of effort ... I choose option 2.
    The search is proceeding, contacts are being rung, friends being asked, memories being recalled. I ain't no Daniel Day Lewis but I will find her,no matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will find her.
    Then we'll go out for a coffee find out that she is going out with some bloke for 6 years and then I'll trundle off into the sunset.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Jotter

youre a scary mary!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

genewilder wrote:
    Ah but isn't that the subject of my thread ... I had a moment to grasp something, and I failed so when you ask why didn't I do this, why didn't I do that ... well I've already asked myself those questions ... so we are where we are and I can say "Oh well" and muddle on or I can make some level of effort ... I choose option 2.
    The search is proceeding, contacts are being rung, friends being asked, memories being recalled. I ain't no Daniel Day Lewis but I will find her,no matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will find her.
    Then we'll go out for a coffee find out that she is going out with some bloke for 6 years and then I'll trundle off into the sunset.
    I say go for it you crazy sonofabitch.

Check the phonebook!

Advertisement