Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry broadband modem/router login details

Options
  • 27-12-2006 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has a "kerry broadband" setup in his house. I'm trying to set it up for him so as he can use remote desktop from his place of work. However, to do this I need to be able to change the port forwarding setup in the router that they supplied. I know the ip address but I don't have the username a password to login to the actual modem to set this up. I believe its a Tranzeo setup but the default username and password (admin/default) don't work. Does anyone have such a system and know how to login to they're modem? It's after six now and I won't be able to get in touch with them by phone till tomorrow.

Thanks Brian.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Surely someone knows something about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

If you intend to setup remote access, i'd check to see if they provide a public IP, as they may just have private IP's. on their network. and it would be very very differcuilt to tunnel thru.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

qBot wrote:
    Surely someone knows something about this?
    They use Tranzeo radios. Im assuming they have deliberatly changed the user/admin on purpose as we do also to stop any customers changing any settings within the radio. If you contact them im sure they can do it remotely for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dolanp

qBot wrote:
    A friend of mine has a "kerry broadband" setup in his house. I'm trying to set it up for him so as he can use remote desktop from his place of work. However, to do this I need to be able to change the port forwarding setup in the router that they supplied. I know the ip address but I don't have the username a password to login to the actual modem to set this up. I believe its a Tranzeo setup but the default username and password (admin/default) don't work. Does anyone have such a system and know how to login to they're modem? It's after six now and I won't be able to get in touch with them by phone till tomorrow.

Thanks Brian.

Hi Brian,

We do not make public the usernames and passwords for obvious reasons however we do not block ports so remote desktop should work Ok.

If you drop me an email with the account name and number I can check the router for you.

Regards

Paul

Kerry Broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Cool, i'll get him to get in contact with you so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement