Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor picture on LG 37LC3R

Options
  • 27-12-2006 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

I just purchased one of these:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=327117

It's an LG 37LC3R and I am really disappointed by the picture quality. The image appears quite hazy especially close up. Was watchin the football yesterday and it looked like there was like a shadow following the players.

Is this just an issue with a New LCD and will settle down or is it just down to the quality of the machine? Any reviews I'd read of the TV were quite favourable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,063 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

lg is a good lcd brand, is this with the built in tuner? normal tv on a hd set doesn't always look great, especially if you stretching or zooming the picture from cable, digital or something like a dvd over component should look pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Yes, it has a built in tuner. I've tried NTL digital and some DVD's on it and all look pretty bad, they are both connected through a Scart leads, is there a better way to connect these to the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,063 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

masterK wrote:
    Yes, it has a built in tuner. I've tried NTL digital and some DVD's on it and all look pretty bad, they are both connected through a Scart leads, is there a better way to connect these to the TV?

if the dvd player has component output, red, green & blue connections thats probably the best, some scarts carry component signal but it depends on the equipment, s-video would be the next best option and then composite

an upscaling dvd player might be worth getting, have you compared the tv to the tv's in the shops, I would expect a dvd to look pretty good on most sets even with scart

lcd will always look a tiny bit hazy with standard definition content, dvds etc because the tv is enlarging the picture and scaling up, to get a really sharp picture you really need high definition source like xbox360, hddvd etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Thanks for your help.

Is it possible it will take a few days for the crystals in an LCD to settle. A friend had similar problems with a different model LG LCD which sorted themselves out after a few days.

Advertisement