Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 days as a Muslim

Options
  • 26-12-2006 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

I was linked to This Video which is a documentary of a "red blooded, beer drinking, pork eating American" who is a Christian and goes to join the Muslim community in a small town for 30 days, to "confirm [his] belief that Islam is a violent religion". It's presented and directed by Morgan Spurlock (the dude that did Super Size Me) and seems quite good so far, though the American attitude is really annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

It gets pretty out of sync after about 15 mins :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

30 Days is a great show

i liked the one where the american went to India to get his job back

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Saw this on Channel 4 ages ago, it is a very good insight into Muslims lives in the US and also the attitudes of Americans towards them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Hadn't seen this one before, not a bad episode.

Link to a cleaner version at YouTube (less DOGs and in sync): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcAmmD_SpmM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

did he just flip me off?

rofl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Very good program!

Anyone have a link to anymore of the '30 Days'?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Anyone else tickled by the irony of an American thinking that Islam is violent? I wonder how many guns he owns...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

It was a peace sign dude!

yeah, that's a pretty interesting video. But I still felt at the end as though there was some sort of badly defined 'distance' between Islam and the guy.
    As one of the people pointed out, after 30 days he just goes home, shaves off his beard and opens a beer, so that's got to inhibit his understanding of the Muslim experience in some ways, right?

But fair play to him for trying. I'm not sure if I would have the will or the mindpower to reciprocate. All in all it was very exemplary of him.

Advertisement