Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying thing for me

Options
  • 26-12-2006 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I must say, in the realm of trashy TV, I find Prison Break the only one watchable. Don't get me started about Lost... I like the cheesy dialogue and the corny scene changes and dramatic zoom-ins and facial expressions. But why does the main guy always have to put on this stupid frown all the time? It's really annoying, it might work in a Calvin Klein ad but it's a bit too much in every scene.

When do RTE show the second series, and will they be doing that 'show 5 episodes in one night' thing all over again? It's a really stupid way to show it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

when did they EVER show 5 in a night............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

indeed

5 in a night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You must be confused with channel 6?

i thikn we are all confused.......have they ever shown more than 2 in a night?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

.......and........slowly but surely the topic looses meaning

• Advertisement

well to be honest it was ridiictious thread to start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

No they never showed 5 in a night. But I'm in agreement about the hammy acting and that stupid frown. I like the way nobody else commented on that, what you expect in the Prison Break forum I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭SoSueMe

Kemos wrote:
    No they never showed 5 in a night. But I'm in agreement about the hammy acting and that stupid frown. I like the way nobody else commented on that, what you expect in the Prison Break forum I suppose

Couldn't agree more. Prison Break fanatics think it is the best show on TV and trash everything else. The show is flawed and the acting is mediocre C-note, Sucre, Michael, Lincon. Actually thats most of the cast.
    I laugh when they complain that the show doesn't get Golden Globe, Emmy nominations, they get nothing like they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭lukin

SoSueMe wrote:
    Couldn't agree more. Prison Break fanatics think it is the best show on TV and trash everything else. The show is flawed and the acting is mediocre C-note, Sucre, Michael, Lincon. Actually thats most of the cast.
    I laugh when they complain that the show doesn't get Golden Globe, Emmy nominations, they get nothing like they deserve.

Bit harsh there methinks. I'm not a PB fanatic by any means but I do enjoy the show, more for the plot twists than the acting I must admit.
    But Lost fanatics are the same, I went on their board at the start of the series one and slagged it off and almost had a fatwa declared on me!
    Some people can't countenance any criticism whatsoever of their favourite show.
    I still think PB is the best at the moment, but I agree some of the actors would struggle to find work anywhere else (isn't that right L.J.?).
    More annoying though is:
    the way Linc keeps getting captured and then escaping. The count stands as three so far (if you include the one when he was being transferred to see LJ in the van in season one). The first two were just about believable but the last one just took the piss.

its a good show,but certianly not a FANTasic one

ie. i would never buy the dvd to watch a season again

agree about Michael. on fact the everything the actor who plays him does, such as Buffy,Mariah Carey vids etc, is done with the same facial expression!

• Advertisement

SoSueMe wrote:
    Prison Break fanatics think it is the best show on TV and trash everything else

you wouldnt happen to like Lost now would you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭lukin

its a good show,but certianly not a FANTasic one

ie. i would never buy the dvd to watch a season again

agree about Michael. on fact the everything the actor who plays him does, such as Buffy,Mariah Carey vids etc, is done with the same facial expression!

Yeah, but it's supposed to make him look deep and mysterious dontcha know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

But why does the main guy always have to put on this stupid frown all the time? It's really annoying, it might work in a Calvin Klein ad but it's a bit too much in every scene.

I don't think he's told to do it, I just think thats as far as his acting goes (i.e. this is bluesteel) the guy probably thinks he is making different expressions but ends up doing the same pensive, squinty eye pout everytime.

Either way, the ladies seem to love it, so I guess that's why nobody has told him to stop. The acting might not be that great, the story not that believable, the characters are badly developed but.... eh... just watch the goddam show and shut up, we might get to see holly in a pink tracksuit again, that's good enough reason for me.

bluesteel.........god i love Zoolander

one of the best movies ever made*

MAGNUM

*may be an exagerration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Mossy Monk wrote:
    one of the best movies ever made*

MAGNUM

*may be an exagerration
    Also a great icecream! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

erm to be honest, would you have a ****ing grin on your face all the time in prison.

relax it's a tv show there's no need to delve this deep into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

L31mr0d wrote:
    Either way, the ladies seem to love it, so I guess that's why nobody has told him to stop.

Yes, Wentworth Miller is so hot, and that look he does is really sexy, I can never see it enough!

i hear he is gay

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

:'(

• Advertisement
Advertisement