Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's sick too?

Options
  • 25-12-2006 12:44am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Disclaimer: I haven't been out drinking since friday (a major session admittedly)

It's becoming a bit unfunny at this stage. The only time I haven't got a really sore throat, bad chest and sick tummy around christmas were the year I broke my knee! Every other year I've had exams!

Who's sick (from the drink or not) - own up!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i'm about to make myself sick through the power of ben & jerry's cookie dough.

seriously though, the last 2 weeks whenever a bit of flu comes on i hit the 4flu like a crazed junkie. works a charm :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

:( Poor Red!
    Take it easy on yourself!
    Have a nice long lie on and take plenty of pain killers tomorrow so that you're fit and well to do more damage to yourself on Stephens's night!

Ps. Merry Almost Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

Red Alert wrote:
    Disclaimer: I haven't been out drinking since friday (a major session admittedly)

It's becoming a bit unfunny at this stage. The only time I haven't got a really sore throat, bad chest and sick tummy around christmas were the year I broke my knee! Every other year I've had exams!

Who's sick (from the drink or not) - own up!?

Man you get sick at christmas?!how lucky are you?i might try that from next year onwards;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I've got a sore throat, runny nose and a sick stomach too! It sucks! Tomorrow is my 2nd day off in 5 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I've got a sore throat, blocked nose and my head feels like it weighs a ton.

I'm still going to enjoy Christmas though.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

thrill wrote:
    I've got a sore throat, blocked nose and my head feels like it weighs a ton.

I'm still going to enjoy Christmas though.:)
    Same as me,its ruined my chances of going drinking for the last week since I'd feel even worse the next day.Although if its not gone by new years I'll just suffer that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Mt lungs hurt I'm coughing so bad and I keep sneezing and feeling dizzy. Need a week off! Spent the day in work holding my breath trying not to cough on people.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yes I was sick in work the past few days. Sore throat, over tired etc but now I'm just gee-eyed from booze. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,374 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah im the same, get a flu every christmas like clockwork. i think its the lack of sleep from college exams, then the run n trying to get into town every day early to get the presents, coupled with drinking pretty regularly as soon as the exams are done. Sniffling away as i type now. drinking beechams blackcurrant by the bucket load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Sick as a dog, happens a lot a xmas, never any other time:confused:

In front of the fire all day, and still morbidly cold..:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I have to struggle not to vomit each morning.

I think it stems from a general discontentment for the nature of existence.

I can't remember the last time I even attempted to choke down a breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

After a night's drinking and taking god knows what else at a wrok party on friday, I've been laid up with what I think is a kidney infection. Can't drink (booze), can barely eat, hot and cold sweats and a pain like someone stabbing me with a hot poker just above my right hip. Nothing to take for it because I don't think it's major enough to bother a doctor with just yet....who's only gonna prescribe antibios anyway and charge me 100 quid for the privelege of not being able to toast the new year.

Getting sick at christmas is a rule arther than an exception for me....one of the reasons I loathe the damn thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

I am the sickest! Do not try to steal my thunder!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055032628

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I feel really dreadful and the best part of it all is that i've to do the 'entertaining' of relations this evening! EEK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i have the flu, swollen glands and a chest infection!!!! yeap very sick!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

woosaysdan wrote:
    i have the flu, swollen glands and a chest infection!!!! yeap very sick!!!

same as that - drinking pints of hot honey & lemon & echinecea (sp?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

I feel great! haha:p

chest infection, today is day 29...

3 courses of anti biotics...

still nothing better...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Barbara Miniature Treasury, know how you feel... i started with a chest infection which then went on to become the flu.. all went on for about a month, think nearly hit it on the head now thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I have the mother of all sore throats, and i feel worn down and weak and think i've the flu coming on. I was in my brothers house at lunchtime and i couldn't even have a few cans cos the fizz in the bulmers was too much for my throat. Been sittin on the net and watching tv since i had my dinner at 3 cos i haven't got the energy for anything else. I blame too much college and too much work :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I woke up extremely hungover, chest killing me (beginning of a chest infection/flu) and a dodgy stomach but I drank the hangover away and now I'm feeling just fine :D

And now I think I'll go drink some more...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Ugh, I'm certainly feeling sick now. So much food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I have a dirty cough on me at the moment, seems to get worse at bed time for some reason!

Thats not the sort of thing I like keeping me up all night.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭haunted-room

Im not really sick at the moment but I was sick about a month ago and for some reason, im still coughing up really dark green stuff:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I'm still tasting drink from friday and saturday night. both equally mad nights.
    Roll on 2mrw night where I shall feed 'fat yanks' to a friend of mine even though he doesn't know what they are. muhahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Sick now from all the food I ate today. And slightly from the fact that I stayed up this late watching Cube 2.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

It's totally ridiculous - i feel so much better today it's not funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I've eaten so much chocolate I'm surprised I'm not sick as a dog!

Advertisement