Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hd tv

Options
  • 24-12-2006 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Please excuse my ignorance, but is the picture from a commercial dvd to a hd screen superior if a hdmi dvd player and hmdi lead are used as apposed to a scart lead.
    dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

IT will be better if your tv has a dvd upscaler built in,or you are using a dvd player with upscaling facility,ie chip that doubles the Resolution/picture detail ,increases no of pixels in each frame.You,ll have to read tv reviews or tv manual to find out.IF your dvd HAS hdmi it probably has an upscaling function in built.ON scart connect to AV1,rgb ,av1 usually fully wired for better picture quality.HDMI cable only 30euros,in peats, no harm in buying one ,if you have a hd tv.I get much better picture when using my pc to tv ,on hdmi cable.Make sure you have hdmi interface on the dvd player first.IT ,will probably be better on a standard dvdplayer,cos the average scart lead may not be fully wired for rgb.AV2 ,3,scart sockets may not be fully wired on tv for rgb.MY tv has av1,av2, AV1 LABELLED RGB,fully wired for best quality picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

thanks gamer I must go through what you have said slowly .My tv is http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000H8I8WC/interactiveda3005-21
    with hdmi so I suppose a dvd player with hdmi would be ideal. Should that make a difference on commercial dvd s
    Thanks again
    dave
    cork

Advertisement