Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

find missing words

Options
  • 24-12-2006 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

Happy xmas to all...

Looking for help again this year with the local shops teaser. Basically you have to complete the phrases by finding the missing words,eg 4TMNT ( 4 teenage mutant ninja turtles )

Any help is appreciated

4 C of L
    400 S in a C [ 400 seasons in a century ]
    3 P on an IP
    33 L of CSP in Y
    66 Y in B of TP
    10 S in a CW
    5 RLO of C
    3 US of C
    10 CR of a T
    64 W in K of CR
    1917 CPE as SFCFR

Is there a trick to entering these in google cause im not getting much joy by just inputting the text as it is. Is there a way to use a * or ? like a wildcard to maybe narrow down the search.

Any help is appreciated folks...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

3 prongs on an Irish pitchfork?
    I thought initially the last one might be something to do with communinst power emerging in 1917, but cant make sense of the rest of it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I thought initially the last one might be something to do with communinst power emerging in 1917, but cant make sense of the rest of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

thanks des, got some more..will post up later.

appreciate the help..happy NY

ones ive got so far....

4 C of L [ 4 courts of law ]
    400 S in a C [ 400 seasons in a century ]
    3 P on an IP [3 prongs on an irish pitchfork ]
    10 C R of a T [ 10 cubed root of a thousand ]

slight change to one of the originals...10 S in a C D

tks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

3 prongs on an Irish Plug?

spurious wrote:
    3 prongs on an Irish Plug?

yep..could be
    any thoughts on the others spurious??

another one solved i think..

10 S in a C D [ 10 seconds in a count down ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

eirlink wrote:
    66 Y in B of TP
    66 Yards in Box of Toilet Paper???

Aw Cr*p, my stststutters back!

I seem to have posted multiple times above!

• Advertisement
Advertisement