Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question About Putting Your Music On Myspace

Options
  • 24-12-2006 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

When you set up a MySpace page and upload your music to that page, is that a form of copyrighting your music, as in would it hold up in a legal matter. People have said that if you dont want to spend the money copyrighting your music the proper way you can send your music to yourself via registerd mail and that will hold up in court and I was wondering would putting your music on a MySpace page kind of work in the same way, cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Many opinions on this topic, the short answer is anything you create is instantly copywrited to the creator by the fact of its existence. Others have to prove its thier work if they nick it.

If you have a copy of the music on your hard drive and the various pieces of data used to create it then its fair to say you have proof of ownership. When putting music up online the account details will show when it was uploaded though not when it was created.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 adriancraven

the best and safest way to do this is by posting the cd back to yourself. it MUST be done through REGESTERED post and the envelope must not be opened untill you need to for legality reasons if they occur.
    simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

Ya I did that, I made a cd of our music, put it in an everyday envelope, nothing fancy about the seal and also wrote a note explaining the contents of the envelope and then sent it to myself via regestered post. When I got it I had to sign for it and everything but what I'm worried about is would that stand up in court, I mean if there was somethong on the seal proving I could'nt open it fair enough but envelopes can be opened and sealed fairly easily without much fuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Admittedly that is possible, but it's commonly accepted as proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Come on the suspence is killing me! ...put it up on myspace and let's hear some of it. After all this talk about copyright and the likes ...it must be **** hot!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement