Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dvd micro stereo question.

Options
  • 23-12-2006 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to get a neat little setup at the television.
    I was thinking of getting a micro stereo with dvd inbuilt ,like a philips one or something.
    Are these units ok as a dvd player for occasional use ,as the stereo will be mostly used as a radio receiver.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 RRoger

I'm also looking for some all-in-one rounder - friend of mine bought a Philips MCD 708 one for about €330 which is very good for its features

mcd708.jpg

and works like a charm in terms of music and playing DivX movies (supports subtitles etc.). The only disadventage I found is being unable to play mp3 on DVD discs (playes them well on CDs only)

here's another shebang
    http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/test_new/catalog.cgi?view_product=1&id=9285&sid=23&cid=4367&scid=5492
    CMTWS2D.jpg

I personally think about something more movies oriented (like DVD recorder with TV tuner and built in HDD that plays all kinds of DVD/CD and mp3/wmv/ogg/avi), and throwing an amp +good speakers into it
    eg. Pioneer DVR545 160GB HDMI (a 'bit' dearer though but your pay for recorder+tuner+hdd and few other things)

Advertisement