Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forty Foot Dive X Mass Day

Options
  • 23-12-2006 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

My brother is trying to talkme into driving off the Forty Foot in the nip Christmas day. Has anyone done this before or know what the craic with it is. Or anyone know what time it starts at

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Chilly enough me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

starn wrote:
    My brother is trying to talkme into driving off the Forty Foot in the nip Christmas day. Has anyone done this before or know what the craic with it is. Or anyone know what time it starts at
    Does he just not like you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

You won't be able to do it in the nip, there'll be children there

We do it in Galway each year, place is packed with kids, adults, oldies, dogs etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 stanlystanly1

Men only aswell me thinks or has that been lifted??????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I would like to try it, but tis mighty cold I presume

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

starn wrote:
    My brother is trying to talkme into .... etc etc ...... in the nip Christmas day.

I wish my family was close like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

starn wrote:

cant believe no one picked up on that typo yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

kdouglas wrote:
    cant believe no one picked up on that typo yet....

Steveland did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

starn wrote:

Yes i'm going down. If you head down any time around 12pm there will be people there. Plus hot whiskeys if thats what youre into (tea/ coffee for the rest of us:-) )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

I'll be going for a "traditional" new years day swim and a surf down in Kerry.
    Too busy on Christmas tbh :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'd do it if I only I knew how to swim... I'm always at a loose end on Christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

bah! the water is at a very toasty 10 degrees celsius this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Sofaspud wrote:
    Steveland did.

whoops, must have missed that

/me puts glasses on

anyway, on-topic, id say it'd be bloody freezing, but do it for the laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

Yeah,i would not recommend it really.Did it for charity last year and the year before.U get in and its cold enuf,the worst part is getting back out tho.Its actually colder outside the water than inside it.I ended up getting colds both years.Which was neither fun for xmas or new years......

If u are gonna do it,either bring lotsa clothes,defo either hot port or whiskey or a car and leave the heating on so its nice and warm when u get back in.
    Its always packed so it doesnt matter whne u go down.

Think ill stick to the goal mile for this year!

Men only aswell me thinks or has that been lifted??????

Doubt it would make much difference if women were there too.. what with it being cold and all.

Advertisement