Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Difference Between Garmin Nuvi 310 and 360

Options
  • 23-12-2006 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I am looking at at the Garmin website for product comparison between the Garmin Nuvi 310 and 360.

http://www.garmin.com/products/comparison.jsp

The only two differences that stand out are :

1 ADDITIONAL MAP OPTIONS
    - 310--Pre-programmed 256mb SD card with one European region
    - 360--Preprogrammed internal memory that stores City Navigator NT detailed maps
    and

2 UNIT SPEAKS STREET AND POI NAMES
    -310-- no
    -360--yes

What do these two differences actually mean and are there any other differences between the two....thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 focusman

The main differences are that the 360 comes with full European maps, the 310 comes with just region of Europe (eg UK & Ireland), and the 360 has the "text to speech" feature which will say the street names eg "turn left on to Pearse Street" rather than just saying "turn left", for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Colly

you also get a leather pouch/sleeve for it and mains socket charger. True you do get full maps of Europe the standard 310 only comes with a country. But the 310 deluxe does come with full maps of Europe. There is also more internal memory ie the full maps come on the internal memory of the 360 whereas in the 310 the full maps come on an SD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

If you ask me the text-to-speech feature is going to be head wrecking....like do you really want to know the name of every road you drive on!? I know I don't, I need to know how to get where I'm going.

Colly wrote:
    you also get a leather pouch/sleeve for it and mains socket charger. True you do get full maps of Europe the standard 310 only comes with a country. But the 310 deluxe does come with full maps of Europe. There is also more internal memory ie the full maps come on the internal memory of the 360 whereas in the 310 the full maps come on an SD card.

The 310 comes with a leather pouch also, but does not come with the mains charger which retails in Ireland for about €30 (can be bought from UK sites for about €22 tho). In order to charge my 310, I use USB or the car charger that came with it.

The latest maps (v9) have just been released on DVD, I am awaiting my free update disk. I am planning on buying a 2Gb SD card to store the maps I want from the DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭cri

I'm looking to buy a sat nav and was heading towards a Nuvi 310, anything negative I should be aware of and any recommendations on places to buy it?

• Advertisement

I have a 310, am very happy with it tho it would have been nice to have a mains charger included. Best price I could find in Ireland was Harvey Norman, €389.

It's possible to get it from online stores such as Pixmania for less but I had read some bad stories about people having probs with their aftersales service and was happy to pay an extra 10 or 20 euro to buy it from a shop I can walk into if I ever have any probs with mine.

Halfords do the 310 deluxe (310 + 256Mb SD card + European maps + TMC traffic alert receiver) for €469 I believe.

I decided against buying the 310 deluxe as TMC is not broadcast in Ireland (and will not be in the foreseeable future according to the NRA), plus I have no need for mapping outside UK & Ireland.

There is a firmware update (v3.3) available from Garmin's website that adds SMS functionality to the 310 also which is quite nifty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭cri

hi that's great. I have come across a few suppliers in the UK who are quiet cheap but you might be right about peace of mind of a local guy.

Advertisement