Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend football 22-24

Options
  • 22-12-2006 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

Time to pay for those christmas presents. gonna have a heinze on these for the laugh.

Liverpool (To Win Both Halves) Liverpool v Watford (Sat Dec 23rd - 15:00)

@1.91

Hull (Match Result) Leeds v Hull (Sat Dec 23rd - 12:00)

@3.25

Swansea (Match Result) Swansea v Rotherham (Sat Dec 23rd - 15:00)

@1.80

Sheff. Wed. (Match Result) Sheff. Wed. v Southampton (Sat Dec 23rd - 15:00)

@2.37

Birmingham (Match Result) Southend v Birmingham (Sat Dec 23rd - 15:00)

@1.80

Derby (Match Result) Burnley v Derby (Sat Dec 23rd - 15:00)

@2.62

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Fulham/win 13-11
    Arsenal/win 4-11
    Man Utd/win 8-13
    Liverpool/win 1-5
    Man City/draw 11-5
    Middlesbrough/win 8-15
    Newcastle/draw 11-5
    Portsmouth/win 4-6
    Reading/win 8-13

412.2 for one placed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭green123

all these accas look good but its always the same story, one or two teams will let you down.
    any value doing sixfolds or sevenfolds from eight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Where's joeybhoy today with his big one hit wonder? :D

Liverpool
    Man United
    Arsenal
    Celtic
    Chelsea

3.44/1

If i was to go with a one hit wonder with a large wad of cash i'd go with Middlesbrough to beat Charlton @ 4/6

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

You could of made a tidy profit by backing boro after charlton lost to wycombe. they were in the 1.8's then. Thy can be laid at 1.66 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I believe Boro were 8/11 in places this morning. Have to admit I didn't get on at anything like that though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Not bad ziggy. I'm also waiting on Chelsea, 2 - 1 at the moment. I won't post my accum because I don't want to after time.

I had to open mybig mouth. :( Yay from a Man Utd fan's perspective, boo from my pocket.

• Advertisement

Happy Days!!

The accum I had was Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Bolton and Portsmouth.

Robben's goal was useful to me to halve my real life losses (Chelsea on the asian), and also in my match-odds tip in the gambling comp here. Happy days. :)

ziggy67 wrote:
    Well done bud

Cheers mate. The bookies must have been laughing when it was 2 - 2.

Time to pay for those christmas presents. gonna have a heinze on these for the laugh.

Liverpool (To Win Both Halves) Liverpool v Watford (Sat Dec 23rd - 15:00)

@1.91 :(

Hull (Match Result) Leeds v Hull (Sat Dec 23rd - 12:00)

@3.25 :(

Swansea (Match Result) Swansea v Rotherham (Sat Dec 23rd - 15:00)

@1.80 :(

Sheff. Wed. (Match Result) Sheff. Wed. v Southampton (Sat Dec 23rd - 15:00)

@2.37 :(

Birmingham (Match Result) Southend v Birmingham (Sat Dec 23rd - 15:00)

@1.80 :)

Derby (Match Result) Burnley v Derby (Sat Dec 23rd - 15:00)

@2.62 :(

Embarrising. What a mug, i think i'll stick to laying teams i dont like instead.

Well done ziggy and Sjones. Nice little christmas bonus for you lads. Had chelsea in a double with liverpool so know hows you felt when Wigan equalised. Still a poor day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Well done to the winners! Seems to have been a few today. No bets for Pighead today, stuck in work all day. Looking forward to St Stephens day, my all time favourite gambling day of the year.

I see Macclesfield won yet again, fcuking unbelievable, they must be the most in form team in Europe at this stage. I can't remember the last time the fcukers lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Yeah nice bet Ziggy, didn't get near a bookies myself today either (was supposed to do a nice year long yankee for my auld man's christmas present - for the record: An irishman to win a major 8/1, Galway All Ireland Hurling 5/1, Werder Bremen UEFA cup 6/1 and Ding Junhui World Snooker 6/1).
    Anyway, merry christmas all, and long may the macclesfield revival continue;)

Macclesfield are going straight out of the cup chaps. Anyone want to lay me 1/4 Chelsea? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Embarrising. What a mug, i think i'll stick to laying teams i dont like instead.

And the lesson? Never bet on The Championship! :)

Morning gents, tis the season to be gambling. Gotta love those Stephens day coupons!

West Brom V Preston @Evens: Generous odds on West Brom here I reckon. The baggies have slipped down to 7th place because of their poor away form this season. However at home they've been very impressive and have won their last 3 games, scoring9 and conceding 0. Preston are having a good season but like West Brom they're away form has been poor lately losing their last 2 and winning just 1 in 5. West Brom at evens represents decent value.

Bristol City V Bournemouth @1-2: Bristol Rovers(3rd) can go top today with a victory over lowly Bournemouth(22nd). They've been in great form at home this season(W9 D1 L1) while Bournemouth haven't won an away game all season. Bournemouth will miss Darren Anderton whos injured yet again.(shock horror!)

Celtic(-1) V Dundee Utd @4/6: Celtics home record this season reads P10 W10 L0 D0 F20 A4. You can't really argue with home form like that. Celtic have won the last 10 times against Dundee Utd, including a 4-1 away win 2 months ago.

Kauto Star 2.20 Kempton @8/13: Everybody knows how good this horse is. Seems like he just as to stay on his feet today to win this race.

50 Points accumulator: West Brom,Bristol Rovers, Celtic(-1), Kauto Star=7/1

20 Points Accumulator: Sunderland@8/11, Hibs(DNB)@11/8, Middlesboro(+1)@10/11, Man Utd to be leading after 30 mins@21/20= 15/1

Good Luck To All.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭stephenoleary

Well at least the horse won pig.....:rolleyes:

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    And the lesson? Never bet on The Championship! :)

No chance, championship is my betting heaven.

whodini wrote:
    Well at least the horse won pig.....:rolleyes:

And the west brom one, and sunderland. oh and also the boro one.

wheres your winning bets? ah thats right, you didnt have the balls to post any up.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭stephenoleary

Ok, easy Chucky...

Not offence was intended, and I would hope none taken by pighead.

I enjoy his postings, find him to be an excellent tipster, and have said so publicly on this forum in the past.

My comment was made in jest, and I hope taken by Pighead in jest too...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,524 ✭✭✭✭kippy

5 team acca for me

Man Utd 8/13
    Chelsea 2/5
    Birmingham 5/6
    MK Dons 1/2
    Morton 2/5

€20 pays €174.14
    Nice one.
    Left it late but a nice profit.

Pighead wrote:

50 Points accumulator: West Brom:) ,Bristol Rovers:( , Celtic(-1):( , Kauto Star:) =7/1

20 Points Accumulator: Sunderland@8/11:) , Hibs(DNB)@11/8:( , Middlesboro(+1)@10/11:) , Man Utd to be leading after 30 mins@21/20:( = 15/1

Good Luck To All.
    Bad Stephens day for Pighead. Neither bet really got going at all. Celtic dropping their first home points of the season against Dundee Utd and Bristol City only managing a draw against crappy Bournemouth. Time to start looking at Saturdays coupon and hopefully end 2006 with a winning ticket.

Advertisement