Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy sake (Japanese drink)?

Options
  • 22-12-2006 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can buy sake around Dublin to carry out i.e not in a restaurant?

Thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kmoon

Does anyone know where I can buy sake around Dublin to carry out i.e not in a restaurant?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Georges St, cant remember name almost oposite Dunes its a jap resturant great food and they sell sake aswell
    and they do a great desert

EDIT: Its called "Yamamori"

Opening Hours:
    Lunch: 12:30pm - 5:30pm
    Dinner: Sun - Wed: 5.30pm - 11.00pm
    Thurs - Sat: 5.30pm - 11.30pm
    Yamamori Noodles
    71-72 South Great Georges Street
    Dublin 2
    Tel:+353 (1) 475 5001

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Well you can get it carry-out from a restaurant, that restaurant being Aya behind Brown Thomas.
    15 euro for a bottle of that American Ozeki, it's not bad, I have a bottle at home at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

it might be cheaper to check out the asia market and the oriental emporium which are opposite yamamori (one is beside laser) the other is around the corner, go down fade street (hogans pub on corner) then take next left and
    entrance is on your left. i can't guarantee they have it but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Asia Market up from Aya stock it too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Kmoon, do me a favour please, one post per question, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Japan?

Sorry, couldn't resist. If you're in the west Harvest sells it. They're a chain but not sure how far east they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

The Izakaya bar on south great georges st. has good umeshu. It's lovely. And the bar is a basement bar, so no one will ever know you like 'weird beer' :pac:

My next quest will be to find a way of getting sparkling blueberry sake, perhaps from Hawaii. They've a good size Japanese community there

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

Celtic Whiskey Shop has some.

Advertisement