Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you were arrested....

Options
  • 22-12-2006 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Howdo,

Just saw earlier in the week, a suspect in the Ipswich murders case was arrested. His MySpace page was found by the media.

Im not here to comment on the case or this person, however I noticed on Sky News they reported that "his heroes are Jesus and Hong Kong Phuey". The picture of him with the eyeballs drawn on his eyelids was printed in every paper. Also the picture of him kissing a can of custard was probably innocent enough at the time but suddenly he looked a pshyco kissing a can of custard.

Now on the old interweb we all say some stupid things, this guy said he loved Hong Kong Phuey, and it was twisted by the media.

Im just wondering if any of us were arrested and they found our details on boards/myspace/bebo, what would they pick up on?

For me it would be:
    • Worships Will Ferrell
    • Speaks of a voice in his head known as demento
    • Picture of me kissing oversize can of Heineken
    • Obsessed with girl from FAS posters
    • Obsessed with Scarlett Johannson
    • Irritated by the "how do you like your eggs" ad
    • Has fought with Marty Whelan and Ronan Collins
    • Involved in Carlow cult which promotes Group Hugs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

well my myspace link is in my sig... so you tell me? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,266 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Bodypainting, massage therapist, a heroic devotion to Dr John Zoidberg.... take your pick...

Seriously, anyone can be portrayed by a wierdo by the media, if they so choose. It's one of the reasons I refuse to read one of them even if given to me for free and I detest people who do. Even if it's just for the trip into town, y'know, bud.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

LundiMardi wrote:
    well my myspace link is in my sig... so you tell me? :confused:

Man, your screwed. You have every unsolved crime in Europe coming your way. :)

Stekelly wrote:
    Shh, i'm trying to keep a low profile! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Stekelly wrote:

My thoughts exactly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

• Had a strange obsession with Anne Doyle (just look in Legends of Boards) :).

Thats enough for the media to play with. :)

Ruu wrote:
    • Had a strange obsession with Anne Doyle.

Psycho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Its healthy I swear! :eek:Ah news crew at my door already.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Oddly enough, my bebo page is innocent enough, apart from a subtle references to my obsession with a post-apocalyptic future.

GoneShootin may have called me a tyrant in one of the first boards.ie podcasts; other than that, I'm safe :) (no myspace page, yuck).

Oh, unless of course anime is still associated with paedophiles when I get arrested.

Then I'd be pretty f*cked.

CuLT wrote:
    Oddly enough, my bebo page is innocent enough, apart from a subtle references to my obsession with a post-apocalyptic future.

GoneShootin may have called me a tyrant in one of the first boards.ie podcasts; other than that, I'm safe :) (no myspace page, yuck).

Oh, unless of course anime is still associated with paedophiles when I get arrested.

Then I'd be pretty f*cked.

psh/// bebo... bebo is for losers;) Myspace all the way baby w00t!! haha;)

• Advertisement

LundiMardi wrote:
    psh/// bebo... bebo is for losers;) Myspace all the way baby w00t!! haha;)
    I came across a list of 50,000 myspace usernames and passwords a couple of weeks back. Someone more malicious would have used that to do some damage (and many did). I just could not be bothered. Poor security, emo userbase, trashy pages, yuck :)

Can't visit myspace without my No-Script plugin and other element disabling tools :V

I only use bebo to get party photos anyway ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It would be picked up on that Avril and I are married, I hate people and that I like black. Crazed loon is a given.

It would be picked up on that Avril and I are married, I hate people and that I like black. Crazed loon is a given.
    They wouldn't pick up anything over the drowing noise of Emonescense.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pigheads praying that a Granny Serial Killer doesn't let loose soon. There have been too many flirty posts to Beruthial for my name not to be mentioned amongst the suspects.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Pff CuLT, my wounds are so old that they are not bleeding. Now back to jerking off over Hitomi with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

They would probably find out about my strange obsession with Cult ....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Pff CuLT, my wounds are so old that they are not bleeding. Now back to jerking off over Hitomi with you.
    I thought it was Haruhi?

CuLT, your last.fm page is even more incriminating.

Considering my records, i'd just be called weird and locked up.

>_>

<_<

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

If something happens to Elisha, I wonder will they come after me?

"Members of an Irish online community considered him an obsessive fan. One user by the name of Karoma was also taken in for questioning on a related matter but keeps denying any allegations"

• Registered Users Posts: 31,428 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Wow, i think i'd be pretty F'ed in the A!

The metal bands listed on my bebo are a shoe in for media abuse - they love that one (the devil music makes us highly suggestible tards kill people you see). And that i mentioned in passing that i think crabs are untrustworthy (cause of their sideways "sidling" movement, like). and theres my bebo picture of myself and a buddy standing with our pants around our ankles on the cliffs of moher...

Im pretty sure once they found my;
    video project; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF0eq5ij87c
    and audio project; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJAUxhr5bNM

It'd be case closed.

• Advertisement

Its just interesting that Sky should report on the Hong Kong Phuey thing, made him look a right nutter to non interweb types.

I should also point out that Im using this thread as a possible defence for any charges resulting from my interweb profiles!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

They would find that my fears are
    • tall women
    • numbers greater than seven
    • creatures with more than four legs
    I'm normal, amn't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Well for one of my personal details, I put my date of death as predicted by sparklife's Death Test so they may see that and think I plan on killing myself 52 years from now. I also claim to own the rights to Anchorman, Family Guy and Monty Python. Just a joke but it could be twisted pretty easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,861 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I should also point out that Im using this thread as a possible defence for any charges resulting from my interweb profiles!

you might wanna remove any links to the carlowentertainment forum in ur sig then. they'll say ur part of a community with a weird corn flake fetish, and u know where that'll get ya!

as for my 2, i tinhk they'd be fine. myspace is legit, but me bebo page has a picture or 2 that'd get me done. one of a chinese girl performing fellatio on an ice pop, and another of me in a sexy pink shirt dancin around the place. im also connected to a few ginger ppl which could also create a media storm, so lets hope nothing ever comes out about me!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

• Worships Will Ferrell

you are trilla's love child, you are safe as a pub in leighlin.

Eh wait scratch that one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I don't do myspace/bebo/social networking or blogs and I don't associate my RL name with my forum accounts, nor do I post photos which can be linked with forum handles. I don't post my phone no. or eMail addys. I don't know anyone on any forum personally or IRL AFAIK.

So basically I'm free to rape, pillage and murder at my leisure without fear of media intrusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

• Worships Will Ferrell

-Worships Brad Pitt
    -Picture of me sucking a toe (a girls, not on bebo anymore though)
    -Obsessed with Brad Pitt (I know, i know but he's the man!)
    -Obsessed with Elizabeth Hurley (Oh dear god! she fine!)
    -Irritated by people asking for 'Plastic Glasses' (im a barman)
    -Has fought with Phil Colter
    -Involved in LOTS of computer games! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,428 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Wertz wrote:
    I don't do myspace/bebo/social networking or blogs and I don't associate my RL name with my forum accounts, nor do I post photos which can be linked with forum handles. I don't post my phone no. or eMail addys. I don't know anyone on any forum personally or IRL AFAIK.

Wow, you're like a ghost!...Do you work for a secret underground organization which will disavow any knowledge of you and your mission?

Advertisement