Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too fast, too slow?

Options
  • 21-12-2006 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

OK, so I've started seeing this girl. First date was last Saturday night, it went very well. Then I met her for food after work on Monday, not exactly going for dinner, we just both wanted to eat, so it was a handy enough decision for a second date I suppose.

We work together, but I'm leaving my job pretty soon, so the whole 'working together' thing won't be an issue, so we saw each other on Tuesday aswell. I was off Wednesday and had a funeral in the morning, and shopping the evening, she had plans made aswell so we didn't see each other, and then today in work again.

I had a doctors appointment an hour after work, so we went for a quick soft drink in a pub near enough to work. It's great, I like being with her, and it seems that she feels exactly the same. The mushy texts are flying like there's no tomorrow anyway.

Anyway, I've had plans to meet up with some lads from the college days, we usually meet up every six weeks or so, and this time there's a few coming from England. I said to her that this is quite important to me, and she was totally cool with that.

Thing is, she's not from Dublin, and is heading home for Xmas on Saturday morning, and I'd like to see her before she goes.

Is it too soon for her to be meeting my mates? Would it be ok to ask her to come in to me wherever they are tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

God no, there's no such thing as too soon when it comes to your mates - unless of course they're gonna show you up!

Go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

What are your mates like? :) I'm sure it'll be fine, go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

She's a mate, now, right? Unless you think one of them'll try it on with her, what's the issue?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

seansouth wrote:
    Is it too soon for her to be meeting my mates? Would it be ok to ask her to come in to me wherever they are tomorrow?
    If your mates are truly your mates, then it should not be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭dvega

Of course not,its not even about meeting your mates your just asking her to come out with you,just make sure she's comfortable and dont leave her on her own with a bunch of strangers.

And you probably wont have the same night you thought you'd have because you'll be worried that she's been 'left out'.Depense what she's like really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Sure why not. Ask her along just in a casual way. Though in a way you'd almost be better off not having her there, you know yourself. But it's only an informal gathering in the pub, it's not like it's a big family do or anything, so it should be fine. Unless she's very shy I couldn't see a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Go for it!
    It may be a good test to see how she acts with your mates. Does she act like a 5th wheel and want all your attention or does she join in and have fun with them too?

Do it! Do it! Do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

The whole affair sounds awful fast to me!!!
    I wouldnt want my girlfriend out with the lads at the best of times never mind a new one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I don't think it's too soon but may not be appropiate if none of your college mates ever take another person along or if it's all lads and they look forward to this as a male bonding (or whatever it is you guys do) session. Otherwise go for it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Invite her, let her know it will be all lads & let her make her mind up. She might have plans with some of her own friends or might bring them along too.

If your friends know you like her I'm sure they'll be very welcoming :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement