Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday Jan 9th

Options
  • 21-12-2006 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭

Sky 1 season 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Super!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Yesh! High def! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,949 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Hooray. I wonder if Sky One will catch up with the US before the new episodes start airing in the US.

Edit: Looks like Season 3 is resuming earlier than I thought in the States. January 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Stark wrote:
    Hooray. I wonder if Sky One will catch up with the US before the new episodes start airing in the US.

Edit: Looks like Season 3 is resuming earlier than I thought in the States. January 12th.
    Try January 21st.

Try January 21st.

27th on universalhd. Where did you boys get your dates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,949 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I got mine from tv.com. Obviously it's nowhere near as reliable as in the tvtome days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Stark wrote:
    I got mine from tv.com. Obviously it's nowhere near as reliable as in the tvtome days.
    i miss tvtome.com i thought it had a much better layout then tv.com :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

tv.com does say Jan 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Khannie wrote:
    27th on universalhd. Where did you boys get your dates?
    http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

21st Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

There was an ad on sky one the last night and I'm sure it said Tuesday 9th January!

Checking entertainment.ie program listings confirms it.

The new season of BSG starts on sky one next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

quad_red wrote:
    There was an ad on sky one the last night and I'm sure it said Tuesday 9th January!

Checking entertainment.ie program listings confirms it.

The new season of BSG starts on sky one next week!

I think the lads are talking about the remainder of S3 in the US, or on download.

gatecrash wrote:
    I think the lads are talking about the remainder of S3 in the US, or on download.

Yeah, I should've read that more carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

dont have sky hd but will deffo have to keep an eye out to see if any of the cousins on this side of the pond can send me and HD eps as the weeks go by:D

Im planning to wait myself and get the mega mega box set a few years down the road but i already have season 1 i suppose i should pick up season 2 to hold me over, and ye
    21 is US Episode 12
    09 is Sky Episode 1

• Registered Users Posts: 82,094 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

for those of you not forunate enough to catch season 3 yet; a few of its later episodes are available on youtube and dailymotion (an indexing website, www.peekvid.com, has easy-links to these) however I didnt spot the first few eps up there: the good news is after the first couple have aired on skyone, you can spin up your FTL and catch up with the US in no time :) and may I just say dammit; I envy those of you with high def: especially for 'Exodus' :D

And "Ressurection Ship" Part II
    Oh and "Scatterd"

http://www.tv-nation.com/tvn/

All of season 1 and 2 as well as the first eleven episodes of season 3 are on it.

As well as Scrubs and many more.

Why work when you can watch tv!

The great day has arrived! High def season 3!!!

I stopped watching at around episode 6 because my american cousins kept sending me ****ty versions. Thought it was worth waiting for the high def. Tonight (or probably tomorrow) will see whether I'm a muppet. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

:( Sodding Desperate Housewives are bound to take up the only Sky-box connected telly.

• Advertisement

:( Sodding Desperate Housewives are bound to take up the only Sky-box connected telly.

Good God man! Put the boot down! If it's on Channel 4 then it'll be repeated infinitely.

Khannie wrote:
    The great day has arrived! High def season 3!!!

Ah, ya fecker! You've got SKY HD!! :D

[thinks of NTL crapbox resentfully ;) ]

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Good ole HD, have stopped getting from the US in anticipation of HD broadcasts here
    Sky are really getting up to speed, in a few weeks we'll have 24 and Lost also in HD

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

emm it will be 7 weeks wait if you stopped at episode 6
    anyway i have to say i don't get it ill get the Americana cousins then buy the DVD`s what is so good about hi-def relay i mean im picking up a hi-def TV but im having trouble truly seeing it. a friend of mine has a 42 inch and he watched serenity the day before yesterday in hi-def and he said it was absolutely savage.

so i am interested but in sonly shows and dixions ect it looks pretty much the same as my monitor

Also what do u mean they where sending you ****ty versions? how does this happen?

User45701 wrote:
    emm it will be 7 weeks wait if you stopped at episode 6

Ah, it's been a while, so I'll start watching at episode 1 again.
    User45701 wrote:
    what is so good about hi-def relay i mean im picking up a hi-def TV but im having trouble truly seeing it.

If you're having trouble seeing it, it means you haven't seen a high def source on a native high def TV (or maybe it's scaled in some way?). The difference is truly stunning.

Most of the shops I've seen High Def TV's in don't actually have high def stuff on them. It's upscaled DVD (which is good, but nowhere near native high def).

User45701 wrote:
    Also what do u mean they where sending you ****ty versions? how does this happen?

I thought the quality of the interlaced TV rips was very very poor. To me they looked like they were poorly deinterlaced and done with a single pass encode (in the race to release them quickly). They are two things absolutely guaranteed to destroy the quality of the picture (I encode a lot of video because I watch tv shows on my PSP on my long train journey every day).

I'll post a screenshot from a high def episode of season 2 later today and you can see just how delicious it looks by comparisson. In particular, you can really see the difference during space scenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Seen anything thats been shown of season three already but will probably watch again if only to see it in better quality etc. Still roll on the 21st!

Khannie wrote:
    I'll post a screenshot from a high def episode of season 2 later today and you can see just how delicious it looks by comparisson. In particular, you can really see the difference during space scenes.

Cheers i look forward to it im buying a tv at the end of the month and this bsg pic will make my decision
    im buying a wide screan tv so i can chill and watch every single episode back to back again

well....here are some links (each image is between 500K and 1M, so they're large enough, but worth the download if you haven't seen high def stuff).

BE WARNED: These shots are from Season 2, Episodes 11 and 12. If you have not seen that far yet, these WILL spoil it for you. edit: The first two are safe for everyone to look at.

Khannie wrote:
    well....here are some links (each image is between 500K and 1M, so they're large enough, but worth the download if you haven't seen high def stuff).

BE WARNED: These shots are from Season 2, Episodes 11 and 12. If you have not seen that far yet, these WILL spoil it for you. edit: The first two are safe for everyone to look at.

My god's look at these shots

wow well i am convinced and i only got to pic 4 before i had to post
    WOW im getting a HDMI tv at the end of the month cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

server password..... *squints*

Advertisement