Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transporting an LCD

Options
  • 21-12-2006 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm bringing my beloved Sony Bravia 32' LCD home for the Christmas because the folks TV has just died. Somebody mentioned that I have to transport it in an upright position and not lie it flat. Is this true?
    I was thinking of wrapping it in a duvet and putting it on the back seat of the car. I guess I could stand it up and secure it with seat belts.

Any advise appreciated...

Donie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

stand it upright (DO NOT LIE IT DOWN), wrap it in a duvet and secure it with every seatbelt available, and drive carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Good Boy

What is the rule for transporting a Plasma?.
    Nice to know.

Regards

Good Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Brianb8802

stand it upright (DO NOT LIE IT DOWN)

Why do you have to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,065 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I'd imagine you don't want any bending in the plain of the screen as that is what would most likely crack it and since you get more sharp bumps up and down in the car standing it upright would mean less chance of it being damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

It's plasma's that have to be kept upright (ie not lying flat) but it's not important for an LCD. I'd still wrap it in a heavy blanket and secure it (upright if possible) but only because slim TVs don't have the inherent strength of CRT TVs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

That is true, though if you are going to transport an LCD on its back, make sure nothing can fall on top of it! Any flatpanel screen is VERY fragile.

Advertisement