Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The end of a beautiful friendship

Options
  • 20-12-2006 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,025 ✭✭✭✭

A few weeks ago, there was a 171 re a private number message on my mobile. Some woman called "Frankie" left a message for her friend "Rose". Frankie obviously rang the wrong number. It set me thinking that poor old Rose must be really pi@@ed off that her friend couldn't be bothered to ring her as she obviously never knew that the call was made. A couple of days ago, the same Frankie left another message for Rose wishing her a merry Christmas, promising to ring her over the holiday.

Who are these people? I now imagine that Rose is now abusing her old pal for never ringing her and she is now her worst enemy. If you ever see a couple of ladies slugging it out in the street, it's probably the pair of them meeting up after a long break. "You never rang me, you feckin' bitch!"

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

If Frankie was a real friend she'd have posted Rose a Christmas card instead of leaving her a voicemail!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

or you could just answer your phone in future and tell her she has the wrong feckin number

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

If you answer the phone and start talking to Frankie, it could be the start of a beautiful friendship. :)

You should text Frankie and let her know that she is sending her messages to the wrong number. She obviously has a digit wrong or something. You should be able to reply if it is coming in a voicemail through a facility to dial the caller back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

I got a text a while ago from a wrong number saying something to effect of "thanks for being there that night, a higher power put you there"

got a message asking is this such and such then a phone call.. kinda curious to know what happened. Sounded serious from the message.......... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I got a voicemail a few weeks ago, and understood not a word from it. Some woman with a really heavy culchie accent, I think she might have said something about a train, but I listened to it at least 5 times, still don't know if it was intended for me or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

..which is exactly why I only ever use the "Contacts" folder that I have already checked. :)

B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

When it comes to wrong numbers, all I ever get is people who get really annoyed with me when I tell them that they have the wrong number. It's not my fault that you wasted a few cents on this call FFS. :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Just think if ET punched in the wrong number?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Just think if ET punched in the wrong number?

this happens :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,593 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Heres an idea - answer the fone and end the mystery!

Maybe they're 2 hot lezzos??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

A few days ago my sister got a call, probably a wrong number. Some guy says he has a delivery, she says she doesn't want a delivery, asks him who he is, he asks to speak to Daniel, she says probably not the Daniel he wants but puts him onto me. Went like so:
    "I have a delivery for you to pick up"
    "Who is this?"
    "I have a delivery for you"
    "Who is this?"
    "Are you expecting a delivery from Italy?"
    "No, I'm not expecting a delivery from Italy"
    And the call ended, I forget who ended it but that was pretty much it.

This morning, I was walking down the road and got a text saying "I can see you". Looked around, didn't see anyone I recognised. It was from one of my friends though so it's less creepy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I'm Frankie, and there I was thinking fuck that Rose bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Isn't Frankie that one that said "Fuck you right back!"?

o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭englander

I had a regular wrong number caller from Galway.
    Sounded like a little girl so didn't want to give out to them.

I put them in my contacts on my phone as 'Wrong Number!' - so I know not to answer now when Wrong Number! flashes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,025 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

faceman wrote:
    Heres an idea - answer the fone and end the mystery!

Maybe they're 2 hot lezzos??

Sorry, there was no mention of rug-munching or organising shopping trips for new split-crotch dungarees in the voicemail. Just to destroy your dream further, perhaps Frankie's a man with a high voice.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

On a slightly related topic, I always get irritated by people who don't answer the phone when they either don't recognise the number or get no number up. Why the hell not? If you don't answer chances are you'll have to listen to a voicemail and ring them back or else you might just miss an important call anyhow.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Usually if it's a private number its someone trying to sell you something...like the eegit trying to sell me personal accident insurance this morning. Waffled on for ages, then asked me was I interested, No not at the moment, Why not? Cheeky fecker.
    Like I want to hear about how much money I'll get if I lose a limb or the sight in one or both eyes...:rolleyes:
    Ok rant over. Sorry :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,673 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I don't answer my phone unless I know who it is. If it's somebody I know and it's really important they'll leave a message. Wrong numbers are often very rude and sometimes won't even speak when they hear a strange voice, so your left like a fool saying "hello, hello? hello?" until they just hangup. A**holes!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i threw out my house phone because i was pissed off with other phone companies ringing me early in the morning and asking me to sign up with their service.
    always answer my mobile though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I don't answer my phone unless I know who it is. If it's somebody I know and it's really important they'll leave a message. Wrong numbers are often very rude and sometimes won't even speak when they hear a strange voice, so your left like a fool saying "hello, hello? hello?" until they just hangup. A**holes!

Yep, if someone wants to call me, don't bother your arsh with a super sektrit private number. Shower of wassocks. :)
    People with wrong numbers I can tolerate, people who call with the wrong number but then have the neck to ask me for number for who they were trying to reach.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement