Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My work mates think I'm Nutter

Options
  • 20-12-2006 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I'm always on bebo, boards and I'm sure I'll find some new web toy soon, in work. I'm always asking them to spell works, odvously not enough. Telling them what poeple are saying, and my reactions. Maeve (co-worker) says she's the voice of reason in the "real world", and I shouldn't get cought up in a non-real world.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Look at her like she seems to be hallucinating and explain to her very slowly that the computer on your desk is real and the people writing posts are real people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would suggest
    you take the time to review what is the inter policy for the company you are woking for,
    cut down on your sugar and caffine intake,
    use http://dictionary.reference.com/
    and get yourself a www.livejournal.com

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Fred: "Why cant ya just talk to normal people"
    Red: " They are normal people I think"
    Fred: " ya think? Fúckin weirdos thats what I say, why cant ya just go to pub and talk to people there"
    Red "I dont know anyone in the pub"
    Fred:" Do you know anyone on that fúckin website ya muppet?"
    Red: "Eh..yeah, I know miss sexy pants"
    Fred "Miss fúckin sexy pants...what does she look like"
    Red: "I dunno what she looks like"
    Fred: "Thought you said you knew her, your talkin through your arse. Get your head out of that computer screen and go down to the pub and meet real people...ya fúckin nerd ya"
    Red: "Its half ten in the mornin"
    Fred: "Well go talk at a bus stop or somethin...ya dirty oul gobshíte ya. Go on, get off the puter yoke"

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I don't get it, what's the personal issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Spelling I think? keynesian, you can use the auto spell check add-on in Firefox 2.0. http://www.wikihow.com/Install-a-Spell-Checker-Into-Firefox Firefox will then automatically underline any words in red that are not in the dictionary, kinda like Word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I suggest U do the wurk U are paid for and stop being a waster !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Thaedydal wrote:
    Nah, onelook.com FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Use google.com or altavista.com to spell check words. As for people thinking your odd, my supervisor thinks I've watched too many "Slaughter of the Lambs" films, due to refrences I give, when asked about killing people. Go figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

keynesian wrote:
    I'm always on bebo, boards and I'm sure I'll find some new web toy soon, in work.

You mustn't have worked there long then since you're always on Boards and you only joined up in November this year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

keynesian wrote:
    I'm always asking them to spell works, odvously not enough.
    So far I can tell you can't type perfectly, and dispite knowing you may have a problem with spelling you didn't proof read your post. So why should anyone have to correct for you when you don't even bother ? Like a lot of people I've got time for someone who makes an effort. Words like "waster" and "time sink" come to mind. :)

Why do you need to tell all this to your co-workers, if they were interested they could look it up on line, or maybe they could even ask you. Do you take as much interest in their anecdotes or stories as you would like them to take in yours ?
    keynesian wrote:
    I'm elveys oon bebo, boerds und I'm soore-a I'll feend sume-a noo veb tuy suun, in vurk. I'm elveys eskeeng zeem tu spell vurks, oodfuoosly nut eeuoogh. Telleeng zeem vhet pueple-a ere-a seyeeng, und my reecshuns. Meefe-a (cu-vurker) seys she's zee fueece-a ooff reesun in zee "reel vurld", und I shuooldn't get cuooght up in a nun-reel vurld.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭datk

I reckon they think you're more than a nutter. As someone who sits opposite someone who doesn't even try make it look like they're working take it from me, it is very annoying seeing/hearing a colleague on the doss. Not only are they on the internet all day booking holidays for themselves, their family and friends but they disturb the rest of us from our work by asking questions about it or giving us updates. I would suggest they pull their finger out and do some work like they're paid to but I'm afraid I'll go too far and tell them exactly what I think of them!:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

keynasian... are your web babes real or surreal? I remember some philosophy bloke saying once, "If you believe something to be real, it will be real in its consequences" (W.I. Thomas). **Blue looks at reflection in computer screen** Someone appears to be there, and they are responding to your post. Then again, maybe I am just a programme from The Matrix with a ghost image on the screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

keynesian wrote:
    I'm always on bebo, boards and I'm sure I'll find some new web toy soon, in work. I'm always asking them to spell works, odvously not enough. Telling them what poeple are saying, and my reactions. Maeve (co-worker) says she's the voice of reason in the "real world", and I shouldn't get cought up in a non-real world.

Yes because we all know that the internet is fiction, and of course everyone here isnt real, nothing said on here is real, like people having computer problems is fiction, people listening to music is not real, none of the colleges/uni's mentioned here are real.. all part of your imagination..

seriously, read over what you said, have a think about it, then decide who's the nutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,266 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

keynesian wrote:
    The responce is: "But what if all the people I know in the real word are boring narrow-minded alcoholics?"

And did Maeve herserlf say she's the voice of reason or is it your words?"

By the way, just so you know... I'm not real.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭merritt

So far I can tell you can't type perfectly, and dispite knowing you may have a problem with spelling you didn't proof read your post. So why should anyone have to correct for you when you don't even bother ? Like a lot of people I've got time for someone who makes an effort. Words like "waster" and "time sink" come to mind. :)

CM, perhaps your response is a tad harsh on the OP? Might there be a possibility that the spelling issue is as a result of dyslexia? If so, proofing can be difficult and time-consuming.

Are you aware that you misspelled 'despite', for instance? Surely such misspellings are trivial and don't impede on our understanding?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

keynesian wrote:

why did you highlight bebo red?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

why did you highlight bebo red?

Did you do a search for bebo? In that case, the words you search for automatically get highlighted red.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

no,i didnt...................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭JaysusMacfeck

no,i didnt...................

I bet you did! :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Talliesin wrote:
    Look at her like she seems to be hallucinating and explain to her very slowly that the computer on your desk is real and the people writing posts are real people.
    wait, let me get this right...
    everyone here is real? Are you sure? You're not bullshítting me now?
    I thought I was going mad there!

Advertisement