Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just do it...

Options
  • 19-12-2006 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I was doing a spot of shopping in town today with a girlfriend from college (she's not my "girlfriend" or anything that needs a whole tread of its own :rolleyes: ) anyway back to my point, we were just going into the jervis centre when she said that a girl walking by completely checked me out. Me being a guy was completely oblivious to the fact, i asked her was she attractive & she said yea reasonably.

This lead me to thinking what if every time you checked out a man/woman on the street you approached them. I mean that cute guy/girl you see everyday on the bus etc what if we weren’t so uptight & actually talked to them maybe even asked them out!

They'd more than likely think your a nutcase or something but at least we'd have no regrets. I propose that everyone of us do this at some stage in the future, life would be so much easier...now whos with me???:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Will you be my B/f/G/f?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Will you be my B/f/G/f?:D
    Feck that ****...Will you marry me???:D

You SLUT!?!?!? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

dceire wrote:
    This lead me to thinking what if every time you checked out a man/woman on the street you approached them
    We'd never get anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Um, I've noticed you around.
    I find you very attractive.

Totally unrelated: Have you been to Ipswich recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

dceire wrote:
    They'd more than likely think your a nutcase or something but at least we'd have no regrets. I propose that everyone of us do this at some stage in the future, life would be so much easier...now whos with me???:D
    No regrets? Pigheads reckons you may have feelings of regret if the shoe was on the other foot and your chick ran up to me and told me she wanted to make love all day long.

The feeling of rejection would be horrible and reading the thread I'd start in Feedback telling people what a wonderful bedroom session we had would be enough to send your already aching heart into terminal despair.

Karoma wrote:
    Um, I've noticed you around.
    I find you very attractive.

Why yes, yes I shall go to bed with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

dceire wrote:
    Feck that ****...Will you marry me???:D

Whoo-hoo!:D

By page 2, there will be children...

Pighead wrote:
    No regrets? Pigheads reckons you may have feelings of regret if the shoe was on the other foot and your chick ran up to me and told me she wanted to make love all day long.
    Well i ant got no chick & if i did she'd have standards so pighead wouldnt stand a chance :D i kid, i kid! i realise that my masterplan is as foolproof as...well something that isnt very foolproof but intresting none the less!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

It was Jervis Street, she was probably checking out your pockets tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

dceire wrote:
    I was doing a spot of shopping in town today with a girlfriend from college (she's not my "girlfriend" or anything that needs a whole tread of its own :rolleyes: ) anyway back to my point, we were just going into the jervis centre when she said that a girl walking by completely checked me out. Me being a guy was completely oblivious to the fact, i asked her was she attractive & she said yea reasonably.

Seeing as it was jervis street she then asked you for a smoke?

Whoo-hoo!:D

By page 2, there will be children...
    If your a dude that could be a problem :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

dceire wrote:
    This lead me to thinking what if every time you checked out a man/woman on the street you approached them. I mean that cute guy/girl you see everyday on the bus etc what if we weren’t so uptight & actually talked to them maybe even asked them out!
    I don't think people do this for an obvious reason...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

dceire wrote:
    I mean that cute guy/girl you see everyday on the bus etc what if we weren’t so uptight & actually talked to them maybe even asked them out!

Can actually work out all right if you take it VERY slowly and casually ...

Mind you, can also lead to her 6' 4'' bf giving you right threatening looks as he meets her at the bus stop! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

dceire wrote:
    Feck that ****...Will you marry me???:D ...to Jeremiah 16:1
    I hope you two lads live happily ever after.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Archeron

Will you be my B/f/G?:D

You want someone to be your Big Friendly Giant? Excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Pighead wrote:

The feeling of rejection would be horrible and reading the thread I'd start in Feedback telling people what a wonderful bedroom session we had would be enough to send your already aching heart into terminal despair.

Why would you start a thread in feedback? Would the marathon sex session be beneficial to the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I've done this a few times. It can work spectacularly well and even when it doen't it's a great buzz for all concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I'm incredibly ugly. Nobody ever checks me out unless they need an organ transplant or a loan of money and anytime I check out a hot chick, my wife hits me with a stick.

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

dceire wrote:

This lead me to thinking what if every time you checked out a man/woman on the street you approached them.

That's right, because people who are in relationships don't check people out. :)

Honestly, if some hot chick came up to me on the street and asked me out I'd probably tell her to go run and jump... that to me is just too upfront about it. Now sure, if we were out in a pub it would be a different story, but that to me is very much stalkerish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Pighead wrote:

It would be even better if she said she wanted to make love with you all day long, eh Pighead. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

dceire wrote:

This is about the third thread asking pretty much the same question I've seen on here in the past few months. I really don't get that at all. I mean when I was in first year in school I might have been too embarassed to walk up to a girl i fancied, so I'd do the usual thing of asking one of her friends to ask her if she'd meet me. But I really don't get it when people are still like that once there 15/16 or older. I mean of course you'll look like a bit of a wierdo if you walk up to a girl and say "uhm I like you, would you be my girlfreind", but I mean just go up, smile, say hi, crack a joke, ask them thier name, ask them what they work at, the usual crap, I mean if they are too much of a moany cutn to have a chat what have you lost.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

sjones wrote:
    That's right, because people who are in relationships don't check people out. :)

Honestly, if some hot chick came up to me on the street and asked me out I'd probably tell her to go run and jump... that to me is just too upfront about it. Now sure, if we were out in a pub it would be a different story, but that to me is very much stalkerish.
    What if she were polite about it and just asked to kiss your cawk?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

It could start a few nice romances, but it would also lead to an increase in black eyes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭haunted-room

Karoma wrote:

meaning??

Advertisement