Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with condom's Mates or Durex

Options
  • 19-12-2006 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've been worrying a lot lately about having sex with my girlfriend we are both 17 and planning on having sex over christmas for the first time,
    I've had a girlf before and we were virgin's and she was on the pill so I havnt used condom's before I know they are 100% important but there was no need at the time!
    I've heard they can be so awkward during the moment and forget even about the whole breakage factor it's really making me nervous and when i've gotten nervous in the past the little guy doesnt work
    Can some of you experineced guy's tell me
    in term's of breakage proof sensitivity and trouble free(RELATIVLY)

which to go for? M8tes or D*rex AND which type?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I've had a girlf before and we were virgin's and she was on the pill so I havnt used condom's before I know they are 100% important but there was no need at the time

Not true.
    I will give you the same advice I have given my daughter, do not have sex unless she is on the pill and you are using a condom.
    The reasons are, the pill may not be as effective if the women is ill or doesn't take it correctly. The condom is a good back up in this event and also prevents a lot of STI's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Personally I use Durex. With something as important as condoms you shouldn't skimp on price - don't buy the cheap ****e in pub jacks.

Also perhaps you should practice putting a few on by yourself so you get a bit more used to it, that way you won't be trying to figure out what the feck you're at while still worrying about ruining the moment.

Don't try and put 'em on in the dark when you're starting off. You'll feck it up.

Don't dive straight in (so to speak) as soon as you've got it on. Put it on and then get back down to foreplay for a good while before you actually penetrate. This will get you both back in the mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I agree with Beruthiel. And as for what brand, just try them and find out for yourself. Different people will have different preferences. I would recommend buying them over the counter as opposed to from a vending machine in the toilets of some dingy pub. They may be safe from the vending machine, but you never really know how long they've been there (although that's probably just me being paranoid!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I've had a girlf before and we were virgin's and she was on the pill so I havnt used condom's before I know they are 100% important but there was no need at the time!
    Some infections that can be transmitted sexually can also be transmitted in other ways, so even with virgins where there is another factor preventing pregnancy (another form of contraception, or same-sex couples) there can be an advantage in using barrier contracepton.

On the other hand, why isn't your girlfriend on the pill. There are good reasons for not going on the pill, especially if she has high blood pressure or has found them to have bad side-effects in the past, but doubling up oral and barrier contraception is a good idea.
    I've heard they can be so awkward during the moment
    Practice. Read the leaflet and practice.
    and forget even about the whole breakage factor
    Read the leaflet, practice putting them on, check the expiry date, and store them correctly (keep them in the box they came in in a cool place, do not put them in your wallet) and this risk is greatly reduced.
    AnonoBoy wrote:
    Don't dive straight in (so to speak) as soon as you've got it on. Put it on and then get back down to foreplay for a good while before you actually penetrate. This will get you both back in the mood.
    And for that matter, since it'll change the experience of penetrative sex and the OP is relatively inexperienced anyway, don't even bother with penetration until after she's already cum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

M8tes or D*rex AND which type?

It doesnt make a difference, although I would suggest Durex Featherlite (its like your wearing nothing at all)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

Having had a few condoms break over the years, in my experience, Trojans are pretty good.

I suggest you buy a large pack, and practice putting them on by yourself... until you master the process.

Then while you're having sex, each time you change positions, check to see all is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Bands mean nothing. You need to check for the quaity simbols, CE or BS, durex and other have them. Condoms are expencive but badys and STI more so. ALDI sell cheep ones so if nothing else they'll make good practase ones.

Advertisement