Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday toruble

Options
  • 19-12-2006 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey.

Me and my friends are going away to Canada next summer on holidays. Its a lads-on-tour event. The only thing is, one of the lads has a psychopath for a girlfriend, and she wants to come with all her mates.

What do we do? Talk to our friend and tell him we hate his girlfriend? And if so, how?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

You explain to your mate that it's a lads-only holiday, and leave the choice up to him. Look, don't feel bad about explaining that you want YOUR holiday the way YOU want it. Just tell him it's lads only, and if he wants his missus to go, he'll have to go with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Make it clear nicely, but in no uncertain terms that its lads only. If that doesnt work youll have to think of something else.

Theres nothing to stop them form coming up with "well were going to Canada anyway, so well see you there", but remember canada is a big place, if this occurs change where you are going at short notice to prevent them from following (if possible).

Tag alongs like that can often end up ruining trips for the entire group. Has your friend talkied to her about it yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Are all her mates coming along too? Surely it's not a lads-on-tour thing then really is it?

You can't stop her if she's travelling with her mates instead of with you guys.

Or is it just that she's trying to get her friends to come over too so she won't be left alone with all you guys (perhaps because she knows you don't like her)

You can't really tell him what to do - you could remind him that it's 'lads only' and nobody else is bringing their girlfriend. That'll make you sound like a sap though.

Best bet is probably hope that they've broken up by next summer and if she's as much of a psycho as you say (and I've no doubt that she isn't) then that should be no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

no way! why should the OP's holiday be dependent on someone else's relationship? He's not going out with the psycho, he's not getting any of the benefits of the relationship, so he doesn't have any of the responsibilities.

OP: "Hey are you coming to Canada with us next year?"

Mate: "Yeah, I think my missus is going too"

OP: "Oh, sorry mate, this is strictly boys only - we've all agreed"

Mate: "Well, I'm not going without my GF"

OP: "Hope that works out for you, we'll send you a postcard".

simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I agree with TBH. It may seem harsh, but it's your holiday OP. MAke a stand and tell him. If he doesn't want to hear, then tough, he can go with the girls and keep away from you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Yip have to agree with tbh...lads holiday is for lads and if he doesn't like it tough..

Advertisement